Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:25 am 
It would be nice to see a review of the E-330.
Does anyone have any experience with this camera?
As I have MS, the Live View would be an asset.
But what about Anti-Shake? Or do I just shoot with a higher shutter speed or a tripod?

I currently have a Canon Rebel XT and am thinking about a Long Zoom or a FZ-50 as the cost for the 70-300 IS USM is about the same as the Panasonic.
But for Live View and less noise the E-330 might be the way to go?

Any suggestions anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Hi Jason, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

Olympus doesn't currently produce any lenses with optical stabilisation for the Four Thirds body fit, nor any bodies with built-in anti-shake.

In fact the only optical anti-shake solution for Olympus Four Thirds bodies right now is the Leica 14-50mm lens which comes as part of the standard Panasonic L1 kit. Interestingly, the L1 also shares the live view of the E-330, so it might be the camera system for you!

It's quite a unique and pricey proposition though, so check our full review and video here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/PanasonicL1/

We'll also be publishing a standalone review of the Leica lens very soon.

But the Leica lens is a standard range zoom and you mentioned wanting a longer focal length. So if you're after a longer focal length with anti-shake, you'll either have to go for an optically stabilised lens for a DSLR like an IS model for your Canon XT or a super-zoom all-in-one like the FZ-50. This is obviously the conclusion you'd already come to!

Between the two, it depends whether you want the low noise and quick response of a DSLR with a long lens, or the lower price and live screen of a super-zoom all-in-one. There's pros and cons to each approach and only you can decide which means most to you!

What kind of photos do you like taking and have you had any experience with an all-in-one before your DSLR - ie, could you swap back to one, or would you prefer to keep the feel and operation of a DSLR?

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:12 am 

Not much has been said of the E-330 cause of the E-510 and now E3. I'm lost when talking about the technical aspects of said cameras but here is a question: How are the guts of the 330 compared to the 510? I know about the 7.5 mp vs the 10.1 but aside from a few features like image stabalization for the 510 and flip out screen for the 330, what are the key differences? Sensors maybe? For me, I'll mainly be shooting in very low light and mostly with a macro--50mm with 25mm extension. Any thoughts? Hopefuly with a 330 I can make a very good print at 11 X 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:07 am 

I'm about ready to shoot myself, someone, or throw the camera in a lake, or take a hammer to it. Not sure which. I just bought my E-330 and an xd memory card. The memory card doesn't stay in the slot like it should, doesn't lock into place. I really, really don't want to send it back through the mail to Cameta Camera where I bought it from even though it's still under warranty. Do I need to know something special about this particular camera and putting in the cockadoodee memory card? I hear a small click, but it doesn't really lock into place. The camera always reads, "No Card!" I'm gonna flip a lid here any second. And I really don't want to buy an Olympus Card for it cause that's about twice as much.

Thanks ahead of time for any input.

*Edit. I had to send it to Olympus. I bought a brand new camera, broken right outta the box. I'm having great luck so far and paying for shipping to get it fixed solidifies me as a non fan. lol