Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: new E520 user
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:17 am 
hi Oly users and others,

here's a utterly noob question and brainwave
sometimes my camera won't shoot but i'm guessing that i am in the non focusable area of my lenses... does this make sense ?

if its a little bit dark maybe underexposed it cant focus and will not shoot

i'm currently shooting in auto and most of the time the result is ok and super ok...

still learning tough

does my experiences make sense?

Thanks !

Jeroen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:28 pm 
yes seems like it is because the camera refuse to take picture if it is not focused?

check in the viewfinder if you get the green dot/beep sound = focus confirmation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:17 pm 
hello Enche,

thats exactly whats happening

theres on the manual something about focal points/zoom/ distance of the object.
and it says that in a certain way it will not focus because the lens cant handle focus... sorry i have to look in the manual what the precise description is....

thanks for your answer tough ! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:58 pm 

Perhaps if the scene is too dark, the camera is having trouble to focus on your target. That is quite normal behavior for any camera. Most cameras are equiped with a focus assist facility. I think the E520 uses flash strobes to assist you while focussing. That means that your camera quickly fires a sequence of flashes to light the scene. It might be worth a try using this function.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:16 pm 
also i think if you change your focusing to s-af+mf you should be able to have more control over the shooting. also make sure you're within the focusing distance of the lens(es) that you're using.