Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:51 am 
Anyone worked with the 150mm f2.0? I really like the look of this lens, it sounds amazing to have fixed f2.0 at an efl of 300mm. Plus, it isn't giant, and compared to other companies, it doesn't seem insanely expensive. Plus, b and h has one sitting in its used department as we speak!

I'll upgrade my camera body before I buy something like that tho..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:47 am 
davemort wrote:
Anyone worked with the 150mm f2.0? I really like the look of this lens, it sounds amazing to have fixed f2.0 at an efl of 300mm. Plus, it isn't giant, and compared to other companies, it doesn't seem insanely expensive. Plus, b and h has one sitting in its used department as we speak!

I'll upgrade my camera body before I buy something like that tho..

I believe somebody by the name of James Wei or Roentarre has a review of this lens. Either a review, multiple images shot with the lens, or both.

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:11 am 
thanks for the tip...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:25 pm 
I have since bought this lens and the 35-100mm. I went ahead and bought it without trying it because here in Thailand, I could not find one readily available on the shelf. Well, I found one in Pantip Plaza, but they would not let me try it (even in the store) because then the lens would become "used".... Go figure. I ended up purchasing at BH for a few hundred dollars less than I could find here in thailand.

The 35-100 I am very happy with, super sharp. The 14-35 I was very very pleased with. Until I dropped it like a fool. It should be back from repairs next week. Thankfully no glass was broken, just the focus function was lost.

ST