Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: E-510
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:45 am 
I've just bought an olympus e-510 and would like to know what to set the camera to for the sharpest images, i'm using a scandisk extreme 3, 4gb card, also are there any larger lenses that will suit (200, 300 etc). Many thaks, Lance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:16 pm 
this website has some good settings for customizing your e-510: http://wrotniak.net/photo/43/e510-sett.html

as far as lenses are concerned: there are plenty of lenses available in the 4/3rds system, the question would be what your needs are. when you say larger lense, do you mean you want a telephoto zoom lense?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:03 pm 
E510 images are pretty sharp just on its out of the box settings. You can always turn off the noise filter for even more sharpness. The sharpest 4/3 lens is probably the 50mm macro. It's reasonably priced at about $400 for a new one. But just get ready for some annoying AF from time to time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:28 pm 

I agree with the annoying AF delay with the flash.
However, for whatever reason, I have achieved some amazing shots by using the manual setting and adjusting with the live view for both long exposure non flash pictures or candid views.
Maybe I am daft but, my results have been consistently great.
Similar to my old manual 0M1!!