Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:59 pm 
Has anyone checked the resolution of this great lens with the updated 12.3 MB sensor of the E-620? I believe that the 10 MB sensor was around 2200 lph

Camera labs used the old 10 MB sensor to test this lens. I believe that the lens in this case is sensor limited verse many Canon sensors that are lens limited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

I haven't tried the combo, but expect it would be good - I think some members here may have access to both though...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:35 pm 
We can see what the sensor can do if the AAF is lowered via the test results of the E-P1. It is incredibly said, if not stupid to bring out the E-620 in June 2009 and then in July 2009 bring out the E-P1 with the TruePic V and a lower AAF. It makes the E-620 out dated in 30 days or less. I bet we might line up to buy the E-620 with a TruePic V processor and lower AAF. As for now, I am not going to buy a E-620 (I have the E-510) as the resolution is about the same even with 2.3 MP more. Yes I know that a 20% increase in MP gives about a 5% improvement but the combination of the above goes from about 2200 lph to 2500 to 2700 lph and no moire. Go figure. When I look at the blur results of say Canon lens (not all) and I compare them to Olympus, I shake my head at just how much better olympus makes the lenses and at a good price to boot! How about an E-5 with dual TruePic V and a 15 MP sensor? Too much to ask for? :(