Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:05 pm 
Check this out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A15MgHHS_M8

Notice one the ports is also left uncovered for this. One of mine is missing, and I feel tons better knowing it doesnt effect the sealing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:36 pm 

Atomic wrote:
Check this out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A15MgHHS_M8

Notice one the ports is also left uncovered for this. One of mine is missing, and I feel tons better knowing it doesnt effect the sealing.

Cool. He didn't try to zoom or anything though.

He claims he left it 15 hours outside. I don't think the weather would be the biggest danger...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:05 pm 
I do remember someone losing their Nikon F5 in some snow once. Weren't able to find it, but it showed up in spring, two months later. Worked like a charm.

That's film, though, and digital is more sensitive.

I'm not at all scared to put my E-3 through the paces of rain, snow, dust and grit, I know it can cope. I would be a little nervous about the potential condensation when bringing the camera in after so long in the cold, but that's easily heldped with a plastic bag to put it in.

The E-3 does cope very well with weather, as did the E-1.

I remember a story about a guy who put his E-1 and the 50mm f/2.0 macro on a tripod to photograph a flower in a forest somewhere. One of the legs of the tripod stood on a rotten piece of wood, which broke, and the tripod with camera and lens rolled down a slope, perhaps 5-6 meters high, landing on a rock, and falling into a creek, totally submerged in water.

He got down, taking a minute or so to get down the slope, shaked the water off the camera, and it's still working.

;)