Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:15 pm 
Hi all,

in the cameralabs.com review video on the Canon EOS 450D Gordon demonstrated the PC and Mac remote control software that lets you control your camera from your computer using a cable. You can exploit the advantage of the bigger screen, larger disk and, arguably, nicer interface.

I was wondering whether Olympus furnishes a similar software with their DSLRs (esp. E520), and if yes, how usable it is and whether it is better, comparable or worse than the Canon software.

General thoughts about this type of software are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

PS: I was tempted to also post this in the "Imaging and Video Editing Software" section but thought it'd be more pertinent here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:23 pm 
hello siegfried and welcome to the forum!! The only software that is able to work as 'remote' for Oly camera is the Olympus Studio 2 Pro. Unfortunately it won't work with live view (like the canon) :( connect the camera to your PC just using plug usb cable and on the camera menu select control! Yesterday I've installed this program and yet I'm still exploring it!