Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:16 am 
i took this cage the other day and cropped it..the result is like a paint..

Then i took this picture today without cropping or changing it...

im so happy about result... :D

You can see the difference..

comments are very much welcome...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:06 pm 
i like your 2nd result much more. the image is sharper and looks a lot less smeared.

how much did you crop the first image?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:44 pm 

What does "crop" actually mean...?

To come:
Tripod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:39 pm 
nicolaidenmark wrote:
What does "crop" actually mean...?

cutting the image. For instance if I want to cut out the center half of an image, I'd be cropping the larger image down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:21 pm 
The first image appears to be a crop that was increased in size beyond 100%, and hence the smeared paint look in the bokeh. I think.

Crop just means cutting out a piece of the image. Generally, a 10 megalpixel image is HUGE when viewed at 100%. So people sometimes crop a part of the image at 100% so that others can look at the picture quality at 100% size, but without having to download a huge sized image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 pm 
almost 100% cropped...thats why it looks like a paint..

i took this one yesterday using ISO 200 but i dont know how to make it clearer and good...

then the birds...i focused the lens but i cant get the right outcome...help please...
what should i do to capture the birds and not the tree...

please help me...i tried to change the aperture and the ISO and the light setting but still i cant get the right way of taking the pictures...i dont wana crop it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:39 pm 
Were you using manual focus or auto focus for the bird picture? the autofocus system might have thought that you were trying to focus on the tree because that is in the center of the picture more. i would recomend using manual focus and zooming in the the result to see if the bird is in really good focus. also the fstop value can effect how sharp the picture is. im a begginer too just ordered my e-520 3 hours ago. cant wait. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 pm 
Or just center the birds when you autofocus, and then compose the picture how you like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:29 pm 
thanks for the comment and little by little i was able to understand how to use the shutter and aperture...

thanks a lot guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:30 am 
For a small, specific subject, choose centre spot focussing. When using autofocus, you are still the photographer and you need to monitor what the camera is doing - judge for yourself in the viewfinder if the birds are sharp. If not, make sure the sensor spot (lights up red) is on the birds.

It's all technique. These types of pictures are beyond the pointy-and-shoot style. Photography is a skill that needs to be honed.

Obviously, getting closer also helps! That's why bird photographers use long lenses and/or naturalist techniques to get close to their subjects. But a great first attempt!

Best wishes with the E520 - a capable instrument.
Wayne Lawler

Post subject: nhorz25 Pictures
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:33 pm 
I know you asked awhile ago about how toimprove your pictures, so here goes. The sailboat picture could be clearer if you used a lens hood. It appears to be suffering from lens flare which makes the picture look smokey.

Also, while it is good that you left some space in front of the boat for it to sail into, you might want to lower your horizon line, which is currently in the middle. This will give the shot more tension. You can do this inpost processing.

You can also lower the brightness and up the contrast in post processing, which will make the picture snappier. Also can be sharpened some.