Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 pm 
Armanius wrote:
Congratulations on the E520 and two lenses! It's a great combo. The 40-150 has quickly become one of my favorite lenses, because it has good reach, and it's so small and light. Probably the single most underrated lens of the Oly lineup, in my opinion.

I love the range of my 40-150. I had both but ended up selling the newer one, I love the 3.5-4.5 speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:45 pm 
nicolaidenmark wrote:
jwnrw wrote:
Nice kit -- congrats.

Are you sure you are traveling to Iceland in Feb 2009 and not 2010?????? :wink:

Post corrected :wink:

Nice --- .

I have been shopping for a DSLR since last fall -- taking my time and researching quite alot. All things considered, I believe that when I open my wallet, it will be the dual lens E-520 kit that will end up in my camera bag for many reasons. It's a pretty difficult value-proposition to pass up, imo, for those of us who aren't ever going to shoot pro, but are enthusiasts with limited budgets. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:30 pm 
Anyone interested in the E-520 should really consider saving money and getting the E-510. Its the same camera only lacking the Contrast Based Autofocus in live view, which in practice isnt all that much faster than the traditional Autofocus method. Also its much sharper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:31 pm 

Gee, don't buy the E-620, save your money with the better E-520. And now, skip the E-520, hunt down the discontinued E-510?

At some point, isn't it better to go with another manufacturer and a newer camera with better specs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:46 pm 
Masked Avenger wrote:
Gee, don't buy the E-620, save your money with the better E-520. And now, skip the E-520, hunt down the discontinued E-510?

At some point, isn't it better to go with another manufacturer and a newer camera with better specs?

The E-620 is no doubt a better camera, however its more expensive and in some users opinions [mine included] the noise is much more significant in this camera than in the E-510/520 and because of this, it may just be more wise to get the older camera and save a considerable amount of money.

The E-620 has a lot of imporvements over the 510/520. Bigger viewfinder, faster shutter rate, more pixels, revolving LCD... however its my opinion that the image quality is a bit worse. If you can get a 500 series for half the price, why not?

and an E-510 isnt hard to find, theres plenty on eBay. Hell I'm selling mine if you want it!

And if you think another mount will be better for you, then who am I to stop you? I for one think Olympus has the best performance/dollar camera bodies matched with the best lenses.