Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:21 am 
That's a cute girl wearing an Olympus.

:)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:01 pm 
nomix wrote:
That's a cute girl wearing an Olympus.

:)


Thank you :)
Im so proud of her, actually taking an interest in photography. I was teaching her.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:50 pm 
That's good. :)

Back in the days (the 70s), my father was traveling with his OM-2. An American tourist couple, the wife to be spesific, shouted out:

- Look George! He wears an Olympus!

:)


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:59 pm
Posts: 77
My 520 will arrive today and I can't wait!!!

However, if it turns out I'm really into this stuff, I might get a pro later. It seems to me that E-3 is not amongst CLs best buys? Yet it is highly recommended?

Why should one choose E-3 instead of saying an equally classed camera like the Nikon D 300? IQ wise, Olympus seems to always be just a little behind...

_________________
Olympus E-520 with 14-42 & 40-150 mm. kit zoom
Red Lowepro Flipside 300

To come:
Tripod

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:56 am 
nicolaidenmark wrote:
My 520 will arrive today and I can't wait!!!

However, if it turns out I'm really into this stuff, I might get a pro later. It seems to me that E-3 is not amongst CLs best buys? Yet it is highly recommended?

Why should one choose E-3 instead of saying an equally classed camera like the Nikon D 300? IQ wise, Olympus seems to always be just a little behind...


12-60mm 2.8-4.0SWD is the only reason I am still in the 4/3 camp.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:59 pm
Posts: 77
Atomic wrote:
nicolaidenmark wrote:
My 520 will arrive today and I can't wait!!!

However, if it turns out I'm really into this stuff, I might get a pro later. It seems to me that E-3 is not amongst CLs best buys? Yet it is highly recommended?

Why should one choose E-3 instead of saying an equally classed camera like the Nikon D 300? IQ wise, Olympus seems to always be just a little behind...


12-60mm 2.8-4.0SWD is the only reason I am still in the 4/3 camp.


Yet you are selling it? I wonder if I made the wrong choice with Olympus...?

_________________
Olympus E-520 with 14-42 & 40-150 mm. kit zoom
Red Lowepro Flipside 300

To come:
Tripod

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:23 pm 
nicolaidenmark wrote:
My 520 will arrive today and I can't wait!!!

However, if it turns out I'm really into this stuff, I might get a pro later. It seems to me that E-3 is not amongst CLs best buys? Yet it is highly recommended?

Why should one choose E-3 instead of saying an equally classed camera like the Nikon D 300? IQ wise, Olympus seems to always be just a little behind...

Lens system, weather sealing, internal IS, flippable screen (great for tripod work) etc.

To put it this way, I'm covering 28-400mm with weather sealed, fast quality optics (14-54 and 50-200) for the price of a 24-70.

:)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:26 pm 
Great shots Atomic the E-3 is one of the best bodies! Just saw your photostream Liked especially the water falls and the Ferraris in race! Keep it up!!! :D


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:15 pm 
nicolaidenmark wrote:
Atomic wrote:
nicolaidenmark wrote:
My 520 will arrive today and I can't wait!!!

However, if it turns out I'm really into this stuff, I might get a pro later. It seems to me that E-3 is not amongst CLs best buys? Yet it is highly recommended?

Why should one choose E-3 instead of saying an equally classed camera like the Nikon D 300? IQ wise, Olympus seems to always be just a little behind...


12-60mm 2.8-4.0SWD is the only reason I am still in the 4/3 camp.


Yet you are selling it? I wonder if I made the wrong choice with Olympus...?


I have 2 :lol:


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:22 pm 
Atomic wrote:
nicolaidenmark wrote:
My 520 will arrive today and I can't wait!!!

However, if it turns out I'm really into this stuff, I might get a pro later. It seems to me that E-3 is not amongst CLs best buys? Yet it is highly recommended?

Why should one choose E-3 instead of saying an equally classed camera like the Nikon D 300? IQ wise, Olympus seems to always be just a little behind...


12-60mm 2.8-4.0SWD is the only reason I am still in the 4/3 camp.


if there's an olympus dealer in your area who has lenses for you to try, i recommend trying the 50-200mm (regular or swd) and the 50mm macro.

the last lens i want is that damn panaleica 25mm f1.4


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:37 pm 
idavis wrote:
if there's an olympus dealer in your area who has lenses for you to try, i recommend trying the 50-200mm (regular or swd) and the 50mm macro.

the last lens i want is that damn panaleica 25mm f1.4



You know, I tried the 50-200 SWD the other day, was not actually all that impressed. Maybe I had an overinflated opinion of it, and expected it to focus as fast as the 12-60, but it actually was downright slow. It WAS on an E-510 though.

I think I decided I'd rather go for a Sigma 70-200 2.8


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:56 pm 
Atomic wrote:
idavis wrote:
if there's an olympus dealer in your area who has lenses for you to try, i recommend trying the 50-200mm (regular or swd) and the 50mm macro.

the last lens i want is that damn panaleica 25mm f1.4



You know, I tried the 50-200 SWD the other day, was not actually all that impressed. Maybe I had an overinflated opinion of it, and expected it to focus as fast as the 12-60, but it actually was downright slow. It WAS on an E-510 though.

I think I decided I'd rather go for a Sigma 70-200 2.8


i haven't had any speed issues with my 50-200 on the 520 or the e-3. the lens is definitely plenty sharp and if you're into portraits, the aperture on the ed version is 2.8 from the 50-70mm range or something like that. it's just an excellent performer.

when do you plan to get the sigma?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:47 pm 
It's f/2.8 all the way up to 100 (f/2.9).

I like to think of it as a 70-200/2.8 with the ability to do 200-400mm as well. It's like the 11-22, people generally refer to it as an 11mm f/2.8 prime - with the ability to do 22mm very nicely indeed.

The 50-200SWD was pretty fast on the E-3 the last time I tried it on my E-3. I have the non-SWD version right now, but would love an SWD version.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:07 pm 
Hi Atomic,

This may be a stupid question, but what do you mean by "the articulating screen"?

Anderswq


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:17 pm 
Anderswq wrote:
Hi Atomic,

This may be a stupid question, but what do you mean by "the articulating screen"?

Anderswq


The LCD screen on the back flips out and swivels all around.
http://reviews.photographyreview.com/fi ... el-lcd.jpg
Thats the E-30 but they have the same design.

Canon has done similar with some of their point and shoot cameras. Nikon has now released the D5000 which does the same but only in a different direction.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All words, images, videos and layout, copyright 2005-2012 Gordon Laing. May not be used without permission.
/ How we test / Best Cameras / Advertising / Camera reviews / Supporting Camera Labs

Webdesign by Alphabase IT
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group