Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:08 am 
Yes yes yes ... I got the E620 again! Decided to give it another try. The results are better this time. Decided to shoot RAW and then play with the settings during processing. Here are some of the images, all shot in RAW except for the one with the "pop art" art filter (3rd photo down). The first photo was with the 70-300, and the rest were with the 14-54(I).

Last edited by Armanius on Tue May 12, 2009 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:01 pm 

What were your problems the first time around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:19 pm 
Excessive noise and softness even when using ISO200 at not so low light conditions. Also had some problems with camera refusing to take photos, which I am still having this second time around. It seems to happen when I'm shooting some pink roses in my yard (not the ones from this thread). While using the OVF, I push the shutter button, and the camera just refuses to shoot. Haven't quite figured out what the deal is with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:01 pm 
Nice photos, I like the 3rd.
The 1st one is not in focus (if you look precisely the focus is on the flowers below the bee)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:19 pm 
Armanius wrote:
Excessive noise and softness even when using ISO200 at not so low light conditions. Also had some problems with camera refusing to take photos, which I am still having this second time around. It seems to happen when I'm shooting some pink roses in my yard (not the ones from this thread). While using the OVF, I push the shutter button, and the camera just refuses to shoot. Haven't quite figured out what the deal is with that.

Have you disabled the autofocus lock? Maybe that could help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:21 pm 
PrinzMegahertz wrote:
Armanius wrote:

Have you disabled the autofocus lock? Maybe that could help.

Autofocus lock? What does that do? And how do I disable that? Sorry for noob question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:25 pm 
artlove wrote:
Nice photos, I like the 3rd.
The 1st one is not in focus (if you look precisely the focus is on the flowers below the bee)

It was difficult to shoot the bee, because it would not stop moving. So I was not always successful in placing the AF point right on the bee. I took a bunch of other photos of the same bee, but have yet to go through all of them to see if there is a more "in focus" shot. I gotta say though, trying to track a moving bee with the 70-300 is quite a workout. I was literally sweating a river when I finally gave up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:35 pm 

autofocus lock will prevent you from taking a picture when the camera does not lock in focus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:39 pm 
Alright Hans, when are you going to tell us which photo corresponds to what camera? Did you get your E-30 yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:42 pm 
Armanius, Wow! Your pretty pictures are different than my camera.

If your camera mess up, You must to set custom reset.

Read book manual user or http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/E-6 ... ual_EN.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:06 pm 

Armanius wrote:
Alright Hans, when are you going to tell us which photo corresponds to what camera? Did you get your E-30 yet?

I will tell in a few minutes and I did not get my E30 yet. Both stores in Rotterdam are out of stock now and I'm not in a big hurry :D

Post subject: Camera Issue?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:24 pm 
Would you say that the original camera you had was faulty? I ask because I purchased the E-30 recently, and when you use the 14x magnification in the camera preview, the photo is rather soft and noisy. Great photos by the way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:33 pm 
That is in part because the preview really only is a preview of a small thumb.

Hopefully, Olympus will follow suit with Canon, Nikon and Sony which has already implemented preview with the full rez file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:00 am 
Quote:
nomix
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:33 pm Post subject:
That is in part because the preview really only is a preview of a small thumb.

Hopefully, Olympus will follow suit with Canon, Nikon and Sony which has already implemented preview with the full rez file.

Ah that makes sense. So basically when you magnify, the small image on screen is treated as the reference. I was a little worried that my camera was faulty. Thanks so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:18 am 
i feel i can never really trust my back lcd on my e-520 or e-3. i prefer to use the histogram to check if a shot is a keeper. i usually zoom in to around 7x-10x at the most to get an idea of sharpness.

i would love better resolution on my back lcd, but it's nothing major.