Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:13 pm

All times are UTC

E30/E620 - Good Sensor Improvement
Poll ended at Sun May 10, 2009 4:29 am
Yes - why ? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No - why ? 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:29 am 
All considered do you fell the new sensor is a "step up" or rather a leteral for Olympus :?: ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:44 am 
I dunno if I can vote, because I don't own either body now. But my 4 (maybe 5) days experience with the E-620 was kind of disappointing. However, it may have been due in part to my own inexperience with SLR's, my lack of understanding of the new camera, and the fact that my LCD at home has color over-saturation. For some reason, I can't adjust color saturation on my LCD. Piece of junk Samsung.

Anyway, I think I am willing to give the E-620 another try. Although now I'm also thinking about the E-3. And the Panasonic G1, because that EVF is just simply amazing! And the AF speed is actually really fast too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:57 am 
Sorry to hear that....maybe you got a "bumb one"....coming from the E510 I was never entirely happy with the color rendering or sharpness of the E520, but the E30 did the trick for me.

I assumed the OAC JPEGS would be about the same but I have noticed a bias towards red/brown in defaults after the E3.

Best regrads;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:00 am 
Seeing samples of the images of the new sensor, I decided to buy an E3 over all the other options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:50 pm 

He Atomic, I saw a post from you that you bought an E3, but is was removed again. Was your sale canceled?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:45 pm 
Hans wrote:
He Atomic, I saw a post from you that you bought an E3, but is was removed again. Was your sale canceled?

I'm not allowed to sell anything on Cemeralabs. I'm still selling what I wanted to sell, but we cant discuss it on the forums.

If you are interested in discussing none forum related topics with me, you can email me hprelude93[@]gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:58 pm 
Atomic lost his or her mind. Young adult? kid? older?

I voted for NO why? on E30/E620 - Good Sensor Improvement.

Their Megapixels raised from 10 to 12. They were more chrome color noise images.

I was worrying about Olympus sell less and less DSLR cameras in future.

:cry:
I want to buy Nikon D90 but it was too hard for me.

Use scroll down and last posting here.
http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtop ... 59a5101494

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:54 am 
[quote="lynn55"]:cry:

Hi Lynn55:

Funny thing is I work with a guy that has a bunch of Nikon film lenses and also owns a D80 and 18-200VR. He loves my E520 because of its compact size, in body IS and the great lenses that are avaiable and relatively inexpensive.

He can't figure out what Oly owners are obsessed with plus ISO 800 noise, when most people, pro's excluded, never need to go that high.

Guess we always want what we don't have, as oppossed to appreciating what we've got :?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:31 am 
LJohnK wrote:
lynn55 wrote:
:cry:

Hi Lynn55:

Funny thing is I work with a guy that has a bunch of Nikon film lenses and also owns a D80 and 18-200VR. He loves my E520 because of its compact size, in body IS and the great lenses that are avaiable and relatively inexpensive.

He can't figure out what Oly owners are obsessed with plus ISO 800 noise, when most people, pro's excluded, never need to go that high.

Guess we always want what we don't have, as oppossed to appreciating what we've got :?

Cheers

Interesting, I also know someone who uses Nikon as his professional camera, and Olympus for private use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:41 am 
I actually voted "No", but now I would vote differently.
At first, I was not happy with the Jpegs being not as punchy as those of my E-510. After some more days of shooting, I think I understand why.

More dynamic range means less punchy colors. The more color difference you have to press into a picture, the less visible color differences become. With the E-510 you had great colors, but blown out highlights most of the time. The E-30 saves the highlights, resulting in a less punchy jpeg. I think this approach is better. Colors can be attuned, but blown out highlights can't be recovered.

Olympus just did what everybody wanted: A larger dynamic range. And that, they did good!

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:47 am 
...what are you Viewers, shy Canon owners ???