Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:22 pm 
idavis wrote:
i had a severe problem with back focusing using the diamond pattern focusing mode. i switched it to just using one focusing point and the issue was resolved. while there are a lot of buttons on the e-3, it was really less than a 30 minute learning curve.



I read in reviews of the E30 that each focus point can be fine tuned for focusing, was this a feature with the E3 as well?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:58 pm 
Atomic wrote:
idavis wrote:
i had a severe problem with back focusing using the diamond pattern focusing mode. i switched it to just using one focusing point and the issue was resolved. while there are a lot of buttons on the e-3, it was really less than a 30 minute learning curve.



I read in reviews of the E30 that each focus point can be fine tuned for focusing, was this a feature with the E3 as well?


i saw a feature to make the focus sensitivity "normal" or "smaller". i believe normal focuses in the area around the focus point as well whereas smaller should limit the focusing to just the focusing point.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:18 pm 
How is the noise level from the E3 compared to your E520? And the sharpness?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:28 pm 
Armanius wrote:
How is the noise level from the E3 compared to your E520? And the sharpness?


noise wise i like the fact that i can adjust the iso in 1/3 ev as oppose to 100-200-400-etc.

sharpness, i can't say i notice a world of difference. the e-520 can be on the softer side, the e-3 feels slightly less soft in terms of the initial raw capture. all of this can be adjusted in the post production so it's not a major issue for me.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:10 pm 
idavis wrote:
Atomic wrote:
idavis wrote:
i had a severe problem with back focusing using the diamond pattern focusing mode. i switched it to just using one focusing point and the issue was resolved. while there are a lot of buttons on the e-3, it was really less than a 30 minute learning curve.



I read in reviews of the E30 that each focus point can be fine tuned for focusing, was this a feature with the E3 as well?


i saw a feature to make the focus sensitivity "normal" or "smaller". i believe normal focuses in the area around the focus point as well whereas smaller should limit the focusing to just the focusing point.


What I mean is that if a certain point back focuses, you can adjust it forward. You can even do it for specific lenses. So if you have a lens that front focuses, you can adjust the focus points accordingly for just that lens. Its a very advanced feature, I just hope they developed it for the E3.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:31 pm 
Atomic wrote:
idavis wrote:
Atomic wrote:
idavis wrote:
i had a severe problem with back focusing using the diamond pattern focusing mode. i switched it to just using one focusing point and the issue was resolved. while there are a lot of buttons on the e-3, it was really less than a 30 minute learning curve.



I read in reviews of the E30 that each focus point can be fine tuned for focusing, was this a feature with the E3 as well?


i saw a feature to make the focus sensitivity "normal" or "smaller". i believe normal focuses in the area around the focus point as well whereas smaller should limit the focusing to just the focusing point.


What I mean is that if a certain point back focuses, you can adjust it forward. You can even do it for specific lenses. So if you have a lens that front focuses, you can adjust the focus points accordingly for just that lens. Its a very advanced feature, I just hope they developed it for the E3.


i haven't seen this feature in the menus. i was told that the e-30 is the first to introduce that feature.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All words, images, videos and layout, copyright 2005-2012 Gordon Laing. May not be used without permission.
/ How we test / Best Cameras / Advertising / Camera reviews / Supporting Camera Labs

Webdesign by Alphabase IT
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group