Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Olympus XD Card
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:39 pm 
Hello everybody!! I have a problem with the XD card. I baught the Olympus 2GB XD Card and I took some important shots and now the camera giving me a card error and leading me only to format the card even on the PC its the same problem. If I format the memory card is it possible to recover any of the photos with a software? If yes any suggestions what kind of software to use please? P.S. The problem never occured with the CF Memory Card

Thank You
Zazu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:32 pm 
are you connecting the camera to the computer or just the card? whenever i've had issues with just putting the card into the computer i put the card in the camera then connect the camera to the computer. not the ideal method but it's what works when a card gives me errors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:42 pm 
When I connect the camera with the XD on my PC is giving me the same problem! The PC is saying "the memory card is not formatted do you want to format it now?" I dont like to format the care before I'm sure that theres any software to bring my photos back after the format! Today I baught a small gadget USB XD card reader but unfortunately the problem hits me again! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:29 pm 
I may be wrong here but i think all cards need to be formatted in the camera before use. I don't think there is any software that can recover info from a XD card, a Hard Drive maybe but not a XD card, as i said i may be wrong.

Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:29 pm 

zazu wrote:
When I connect the camera with the XD on my PC is giving me the same problem! The PC is saying "the memory card is not formatted do you want to format it now?"

Before you do anything drastic, Gordon posted a useful link in the following thread:
http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102030&highlight=recover+card#87818

I haven't tried it but you say your photos are important so it should be worth a try.

Jamie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:30 pm 
Thanks jamier01! At the moment i'm using the CF card to see if the software works 100% then I'll try it on the XD! That software I'm not sure that it is compatible with the Olympus .ORF files! If I loose the photos it'll be a shame :cry: From now on I'm going to use only the CF card in fact I already ordered a new one from ebay Lexar UDMA 8GB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:57 pm 

Best of luck zazu!

Jamie