Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:34 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:10 pm
Posts: 355
Location: Netherlands
Image
Just for fun: this is a 100% crop of the same test photo (iso 200) of the following camera's: E3. E30, 50D and D90. So my question to you is obviously which one is which. Please don't look at the site where I took the photo's. :)

_________________
Olympus E-M5, 9-18, 12-50, 25 f1.8, 45 f1.8, 12-60, 40-150, 70-300


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:00 pm 
Hans wrote:
Image
Just for fun: this is a 100% crop of the same test photo (iso 200) of the following camera's: E3. E30, 50D and D90. So my question to you is obviously which one is which. Please don't look at the site where I took the photo's. :)


I'll bite: Top L to R: D90 & E30
Btm. L to R: 50D & E3

When will you let us know ?

Cheers


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:13 pm 
Hans wrote:
Image
Just for fun: this is a 100% crop of the same test photo (iso 200) of the following camera's: E3. E30, 50D and D90. So my question to you is obviously which one is which. Please don't look at the site where I took the photo's. :)


Top Left: E3
Top Right: E30
Bottom Left: 50D
Bottom Right: D90

The top left crop is bigger, so I had thought that it might be the 50D then. But the color and noise just didn't quite jive w/ 50D.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:10 pm
Posts: 355
Location: Netherlands
LJohnK wrote:
When will you let us know ?

Cheers
It depends, I want some more reactions first, but probably on monday.

Btw, today I tried the E3, E30 and the E620. I tried the E620 with 12-60. It's possible and it will make good photo's, but it's a little out of balance and not easy to hold in 1 hand. The E30 felt much better.

Hans

_________________
Olympus E-M5, 9-18, 12-50, 25 f1.8, 45 f1.8, 12-60, 40-150, 70-300


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:54 pm 
Hans wrote:
Image
Just for fun: this is a 100% crop of the same test photo (iso 200) of the following camera's: E3. E30, 50D and D90. So my question to you is obviously which one is which. Please don't look at the site where I took the photo's. :)


my guess: top left: 50d right: e-30
bottom left: e-3, right: d90


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:41 pm 
[quote="Hans"]
When will you let us know ?
Btw, today I tried the E3, E30 and the E620. I tried the E620 with 12-60. It's possible and it will make good photo's, but it's a little out of balance and not easy to hold in 1 hand. The E30 felt much better.

Hi Hans:

I really like the button layout of the E30, but it was the larger viewfinder that really sold me on E30....can easily use manual focus and see my settings for the first time....not quite the E3 viewfinder, but still excellant & worth the size & price IMHO.

Regards


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:10 pm
Posts: 355
Location: Netherlands
Yes, so far I like the E30, so I think I will buy that one.

_________________
Olympus E-M5, 9-18, 12-50, 25 f1.8, 45 f1.8, 12-60, 40-150, 70-300


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:20 pm 
Hello, E-620 beats E-30
Olympus E-620 is Best Digital SRL Entry Level. It was worth.
http://www.tipa.com/english/award-detai ... ntry+Level


Nikon D90 is Best Digital SLR Advanced.


I found other website copied cameralabs after I search olympus E 620 vs E-30 in Google.com


ISO Wars: D90 vs E620 vs XSi/450D at Camera Labs
http://www.1001noisycameras.com/2009/05 ... -labs.html


I check 1001noisycameras.com has private information. Who owns it?
http://whois.domaintools.com/1001noisycameras.com


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:10 pm
Posts: 355
Location: Netherlands
I don't really consider the E620 completely entry level.
It has a lot of possibilities and it's above entry level. Entry level are: D60, 1000D, E450, K200, A200.

That the E620 wins one category does not mean that it is better then the E30. It just means that they consider the D90 better then the E30 and I can understand that, although both of them have their advantages.

_________________
Olympus E-M5, 9-18, 12-50, 25 f1.8, 45 f1.8, 12-60, 40-150, 70-300


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:10 pm
Posts: 355
Location: Netherlands
So who was right? It's actually not that difficult. idavis was right.

Left top is the pic with the largest magnification and there is just a little more detail, so that must be the highest resolution as you can expect from a 15 MP camera.

Bottom left has the smallest magnification and the detail seems just a little less then the others, so it must be the E3 (10 MP).

You may expect the color of both Olympus camera's to be similar, so top right should be the E30.

Finally the the remaining one should be the D90.

The conclusion can be that a 15 MP sensor will make some difference, but it's just small and even the 10 MP sensor will almost give the same result as the 12 MP sensors.

_________________
Olympus E-M5, 9-18, 12-50, 25 f1.8, 45 f1.8, 12-60, 40-150, 70-300


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 pm 
I almost got it right ... but I went against my instinct that the top left crop was larger b/c of the larger 50D sensor and instead relied on my supposition that the E3 image would be sharper than any of the others.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:10 pm
Posts: 355
Location: Netherlands
Yes, you mentioned that, but the difference between 10 and 15 MP is simply to big even though most of Canon's lenses cannot match the sensor.

_________________
Olympus E-M5, 9-18, 12-50, 25 f1.8, 45 f1.8, 12-60, 40-150, 70-300


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:57 pm 
Hans wrote:
So who was right? It's actually not that difficult. idavis was right.

Left top is the pic with the largest magnification and there is just a little more detail, so that must be the highest resolution as you can expect from a 15 MP camera.

Bottom left has the smallest magnification and the detail seems just a little less then the others, so it must be the E3 (10 MP).

You may expect the color of both Olympus camera's to be similar, so top right should be the E30.

Finally the the remaining one should be the D90.

The conclusion can be that a 15 MP sensor will make some difference, but it's just small and even the 10 MP sensor will almost give the same result as the 12 MP sensors.


yep, that's pretty much how i made my guesses: size, color, noise.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:58 am 
You people should not forget that photography is not about pixel peeping. Noise won't be seen on anything smaller than a poster print and then only if you stand about one inch in front of it. Any of the modern cameras can make pictures that look fine when printed.

There are more important aspects than noise and you always should consider the lenses to go with the body. The best sensor won't help you much if you use a superzoom lens. That's the good thing about Olympus. Every lens (except that old 17.5-45mm kit lens) delivers awesome performance for it's price. Check Gordon's 7-14mm review, or check DPReviews reviews on the 14-42, the 50mm, the 9-18mm and the 12-60mm.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:10 am 
PrinzMegahertz wrote:
You people should not forget that photography is not about pixel peeping. Noise won't be seen on anything smaller than a poster print and then only if you stand about one inch in front of it. Any of the modern cameras can make pictures that look fine when printed.

There are more important aspects than noise and you always should consider the lenses to go with the body. The best sensor won't help you much if you use a superzoom lens. That's the good thing about Olympus. Every lens (except that old 17.5-45mm kit lens) delivers awesome performance for it's price. Check Gordon's 7-14mm review, or check DPReviews reviews on the 14-42, the 50mm, the 9-18mm and the 12-60mm.


PrinzMegahertz FTW!


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All words, images, videos and layout, copyright 2005-2012 Gordon Laing. May not be used without permission.
/ How we test / Best Cameras / Advertising / Camera reviews / Supporting Camera Labs

Webdesign by Alphabase IT
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group