Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:47 pm 
I'm with all of you on the E-450. C'mon!!! Who is Oly trying to fool? I guess Oly is hoping that first time buyers looking for a small SLR will be more attracted to a model released in 2009, as opposed to just telling prospective new buyers to look to a "2008" model. Sigh.

Maybe that's also a way to also keep the prices up on the E-4xx series. Historically, prices should be lower on the second year of the camera. By making the E-420 into a E-450, Oly can argue that it's a new model, and hence, the price should be what the E-420 was when it was first released. Sigh sigh.

I am 99.999999% sure that no current owner of the E-410 or 420 will ever upgrade to the 450. Let's see if first time buyers will take the plunge or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:19 pm 
That's right. It's just a "my first dslr" model.
But I guess the sensor imaging quality will be much better, and less noise on high ISO.
Me, too, my question is, where is the E430 and E440?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:29 pm 

Well, if there is a new sensor, then the new name makes sense, otherwise not at all. It should have been E430 though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:11 pm 
Atomic wrote:
Gordon Laing wrote:
I reserve the front page for reviews and previews, or major announcements - sadly none applied here! But I did post the press release here the minute it was announced!

PS - apart from art filters, I believe there's an improved screen too, but the res and size are the same as before. But not many differences, no. The odd thing is that Oly Uk seem to be keeping both the 450 and 420 in the range...

The decision to go ahead with this camera with such tiny changes still baffles me, but then again, the entire E4XX line has been just a series of smaller changes. Still, this has to be the tiniest step ever for the series, and why its called the E450 instead of E440 is also odd... Maybe a licensing thing?

I think the whole art filter thing is rubbish. I dont understand why it can't be just a firmware update. There does not need to be a special place on the mode dial for functions that could just as easily by put in post processing.
I hate how Olympus is touting this whole art filter gimmick around like it will take photography to another level. Cameras have had these shooting functions for nearly a decade.

I love this gem:
"A range of Art Filters allows photographers to stretch the limits of their creativity, without complicated software or a computer."
Complicated software? Olympus, YOU are the ones that make OlympusMaster2, so if the software is complicated... then fix it.

Art filter feature is very interesting, I think I want it more than video function. However, E620, E450 and E30, the models with art filter so far, all have the same access to art filter- on the mode dial. So I guess even if it can be upgraded by software, they will not change the standard interface and give art filter to... my E520? So sad... :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:21 pm 
Gordon Laing wrote:
Hi everyone, Olympus has just launched the new E-450 DSLR. Spot the differences between it and the E-420...

Hi Gordon,

E30 has been launched for months, but there is still no review on Cameralabs. We know that you are very busy updating this website and choosing cameras to review carefully.

As an O fan, I think E620 is so important for Olympus in 2009. As we are all waiting for M4/3, Oly is still working hard on new 4/3 model. In "the dark site"(dpr), they say E620 is going to be a 450D-killer. Would you please give olympus a fair review again like you did with E520? I think we are all looking forward to your new Oly review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 am 
I wish my olympus E-520 has Art filter.

I check http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_secti ... al_slr.asp
Only E- 620 and E-450 have Art filter.

E-620 has Six Art Filters.

E-450 has Three Art Filters