Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:58 pm 
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.pixelmania.nl/artikel.aspx%3Fartikelid%3D1052%26rubriekid%3D1%26titel%3DPrimeur:%2520Olympus%2520E-620&ei=CsvBSdaCEdXgtgf_-MTdCg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=2&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dolympus%2Be-620%2Btest%2Bpixelmania.nl%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Page 7 is very important to people (the iso performance). After seeing the iso results so far, I have no doubt in my mind that this camera will be the bread earner for Olympus. I'm now actually interested in checking it out myself when it hits the states.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:12 pm 
1600 looks clean to me :D might be the Oly's best seller of all time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:19 pm 
Looks nice, and comparable to the E-30 @ ISO 1600. I wonder why someone would pay $500 extra for an E-30 body, assuming the E-620 body starts at $700 vs. $1200 for the E-30. At least the E-3 is weatherproof.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:23 pm 
Armanius wrote:
Looks nice, and comparable to the E-30 @ ISO 1600. I wonder why someone would pay $500 extra for an E-30 body, assuming the E-620 body starts at $700 vs. $1200 for the E-30. At least the E-3 is weatherproof.

I saw new E3's go for 1000 on eBay. I still want to see back to back ISO comparisons between the E620 and the E3 but I have a feeling the E3 might be a bit better.

E3 also has a different autofocus system, faster continuous shutter speed, larger [more comfortable] body, external flash port, and the weather sealing like you said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:40 pm 
There is some Cametaauction seller on Ebay selling E-3's with 8 gig CF, CF reader, and some other stuff for $1079. I guess that's not too bad compared to the price increases at B&H, Adorama, Amazon, and etc. Never heard of Cametaauction though. On the other hand, I am not buying anything else!!! Seriously. I am not. Enough!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:45 pm 
Armanius wrote:
There is some Cametaauction seller on Ebay selling E-3's with 8 gig CF, CF reader, and some other stuff for $1079. I guess that's not too bad compared to the price increases at B&H, Adorama, Amazon, and etc. Never heard of Cametaauction though. On the other hand, I am not buying anything else!!! Seriously. I am not. Enough!!! :)

cametaauctions (cameta camera) is who i buy my equipment from most of the time. i considered that e-3 deal too but i decided i need to just stick with my 520 for now. now if i see a new e-3 for 800 then i'd have to re-evaluate my decision

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:16 am 
Yes, I should stick with my two bodies too!!! Unless of course, I could sell the E-510, keep my E-410 as my backup portable, and THEN get the E-3. Or E-620.

Ok, I'm glad to know that Cametaauction is reputable. It's always good to know more reputable sellers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:31 am 
Armanius wrote:
Yes, I should stick with my two bodies too!!! Unless of course, I could sell the E-510, keep my E-410 as my backup portable, and THEN get the E-3. Or E-620.

Ok, I'm glad to know that Cametaauction is reputable. It's always good to know more reputable sellers.

i could see that plan working, considering you have 2 cameras with the exact same sensor. unfortunately i have never been able to find a store locally that has the e-3 available for me to hold and test, however i do want to check it out. the 620 is looking like an option for me, but considering there is no weather sealing/big viewfinder i have a semi hard time considering it a real upgrade. while the "filters" do have some interesting effects, as it's been stated before, i can do it in photoshop. maybe i would use a filter to get a preview of what i might want to do in photoshop...i don't know...i just prefer to work on these kinds of adjustments myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:20 am 
idavis wrote:
Armanius wrote:
the 620 is looking like an option for me, but considering there is no weather sealing/big viewfinder i have a semi hard time considering it a real upgrade. while the "filters" do have some interesting effects, as it's been stated before, i can do it in photoshop. maybe i would use a filter to get a preview of what i might want to do in photoshop...i don't know...i just prefer to work on these kinds of adjustments myself.

The E620 has improvements in just about every specification relative to the 520.

it DOES have a larger viewfinder, however its not as large as the E3's. Not that I'm bashing your choice to be leaning E3, I am myself. I just wanted to inform you that the E620 is a real upgrade, not just a face lift like the 520 was to the 510.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:29 am 
either E-3 or E-620 will be a good upgrade.

For dual body system i suggest E-3 and Oly's smaller cameras such as E-4x0 or E-5x0 or E6x0 series.

E-3 is still the best or flagship oly camera.

E-30 is disastrous product with weird pricing, but maybe they can make it cheap, so they just put it on market, just to fill in the slot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:25 am 
One of the ironies of the E3 is its large size. One of the main reasons I bought into the 4/3 system was the small size of the E-4xx. While I don't see myself shooting all the time when the weather is bad, there have been times when I was itching to be out there under less than ideal weather conditions. The E3 would have been great. If Oly would just weather seal the E-620 and put the E3 viewfinder on it, we would likely be set for good -- best of both worlds. Oh, and how about squeezing the 12-60 into the size of the 14-42? Wouldn't that be great? Alas ... can't have it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:14 pm 
Armanius wrote:
One of the ironies of the E3 is its large size. One of the main reasons I bought into the 4/3 system was the small size of the E-4xx. While I don't see myself shooting all the time when the weather is bad, there have been times when I was itching to be out there under less than ideal weather conditions. The E3 would have been great. If Oly would just weather seal the E-620 and put the E3 viewfinder on it, we would likely be set for good -- best of both worlds. Oh, and how about squeezing the 12-60 into the size of the 14-42? Wouldn't that be great? Alas ... can't have it all.

"Agnes: And you, start over. I want everything in one bag.
Pimple Faced Kid: Yes, ma'am!
Agnes: But I don't want the bag to be heavy.
Pimple Faced Kid: I don't think that's possible!
Agnes: What are you, the possible police? Just do it!"
-simpsons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:10 pm 
Someone has been watching way too much TV! :)

And yes, I do want it all!!