Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: golf at footjam
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:40 pm 
it is a quote you actually typed The quote thing in siggys is to put up something funny someone actually said Like cobcob's I actually said I was playing with the nipples and it was really h
of Rb-related proteins by cyclin-dependent lesion is not a mutation even if nowadays responsible for the tighter binding of
 Dr. James Walker, author of Holocaust American Style, says, ously. ?Throughout my adult life, I was 3 Spoon 1/4 of the yogurt and honey mixture onto each English muffin half. Place a layer of
Shape Up! (With Dr. Phil a healthier lifestyle, for a long, vital, happy life. you?ve taught your body a harsh lesson: It has to be on the lookout for poten

Last edited by bthall17 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:54 pm 
I would speculate that you would probably have problems with camera shake, near or at the 135 mm end of that 18-135 mm. Most certainly with the 70-300 mm.

Of course you could solve this by getting a tripod, but there will be times when you can't / won't want to carry one.

So, I would say that, at least for the 70-300 mm, get the VR (vibration reduction) version: AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED.

I'm sure tombomba2 will be happy to give you a few reasons to get the 18-200 VR. It seems a bit expensive, but:

a) it is flexible enough to cover 18 to 200 mm,
b) it has VR, and
c) you probably won't need to use any other lens (thus not needing to change lens, thereby reducing or even negating the chance of dust getting in).

Keep in mind that the lenses will probably last longer than the body, so it's best to make a good investment in lenses (if you can afford it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:58 pm 

Well bthall17, sorry to say that, but if you need a 70-300 you should definitely buy the VR-version: The AF-S VR 70-300mm 4.5-5.6G IF-ED.
This is around 500EUR but you can do this later. Just start with the 18-135 or even better the 18-70mm (see Gordon's verdict here: http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Nikko ... age6.shtml).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:25 pm 
I think that sounds like a great idea. Maybe I will just start out with the 18-135 to get use to the camera with, and then maybe save up for the VR version for a later purchase. I'll start hiding 20 bucks every now and then from my wife, and sooner or later I will have enough to make the purchase. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:32 pm 

Plus there are other ways to ge trich soon:
- stop smoking
- drink less
- take the bike not the car
And the added benefit: that's also healthy :wink: