Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The 18-135mm lens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:59 am 
Hello!

Im thinking of getting a Nikon 80D and I'm wodering about the quality of the 18-135mm lens which comes as a kit lens here in Australia (and probably everywher else?). I've heard this lens isnt very good but I havn't heard many opinions and can't find any decent review of it. Can anyone shed some light on this please?

I can't afford the 18-200mm VR just yet so Im hoping its a good lens otherwise there is the 18-70mm lens which I don't know enough about yet.

A review of the 3 lenses Ive mentioned would be great, like the review cameralabs has done of the 3 canon lenses!

Dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:58 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Dave, welcome to Cameralabs!

We're planning a mini group test of Nikkor kit lenses in the future, but haven't had a chance to try the 18-135mm yet, so I'm afraid I can't comment on its performance.

In the meantime though, we have results for the 18-55 in our earlier D50 review which will give an indication of corner sharpness, fringing, geometry and vignetting, and we'll also have full results for the 18-70 with a D80 in an article coming in the next couple of days.

Has anyone out there had any good or bad experiences with the Nikkor 18-135mm they'd like to share?

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:36 am 
review site

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-135.htm

I just got mine, so I haven't tested it much either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:07 pm 

Hi Dave,

mind sharing any insights you've got so far on your new lens?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:34 am 
Hey Tomb,

I went for the Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 over the nikon lenses. While i dont have anything to compare it to as I havnt used any other lenses on my D80 its fair to say Im happy with the lens. Id like to try a few others out soon.

Dave