Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: SB-600 help needed
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:41 am 
Well i m using the flash more and more, but now after doing alot of reaidng on how to use a flash i m getting to a point where i m getting confused, and not really sure what i m doing. Some how now everytime i going to take a picture with my SB 600 mounted and i press the down the shot button half way so it focuses, then i press down all the way to take a picutre at this stage the SB 600 fire os about 4 times i think and then on th 5th or 4th not really 100% sure the camera takes the actualy picture.

Now i was wondering why does my flash do this is it to meter the condtions and measure it out for an optiaml flash? or is it doing it for some other reasons.

And i been looking into doing flash sync images but i really dont understand how to do this, would be very intresting to knw, some help would be greatly apreciated, i looked at serveral exampels and read how to do it but didnt really find anything that i quite understoond.

My current settings on the SB are:
TTl
MZOOm
AF-ILL

Previously the "zoom" part of the flash would compensate for the change in mm of my lens but now it seems to be back to stuck at a certain mm (its now stuck on 24mm, and i ahve to change this manauly) should i juts go back to default settings again?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:35 am 
Before coming up with an answer, can you tell me what setting are you telling the body to fire the flash? Are you using "standard" flash, rear curtain, red eye reduction...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:38 am 
Photoj wrote:
Before coming up with an answer, can you tell me what setting are you telling the body to fire the flash? Are you using "standard" flash, rear curtain, red eye reduction...

I have it on red eye, and that might explain the multiple flashes now that i think about it, so that the pupils contract before the last flash is fired thus not reflecint the red of the veins in the eye's...right?

now i set it back to the normal flash mode, with the only thing showin is the flash symbol. that should correct the mutliple flashes right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:52 am 
And are you also on continuous shoot mode?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:59 am 
Yes i was :oops:...

now i m on normal shoting mode, that should have fixed the problem with the multiple flashes right? Going to give it a try (he tries it out) and now it works normal again.

Great that was a stupid question i realise now, and now the flash moves along with the lens as well...so that has been sorted out :). Sometimes i just dont really think do i? haha

What about when it comes to flash sync?

Thanks once again Ed, for helping me out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:36 pm 
What do you exactly mean by "flash sync"? Glad I could help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:46 pm 
here is an exampel of what i mean

http://picasaweb.google.com/tvoelcker/D ... 9588629442