Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:14 pm 

TelexStar wrote:
Hi NickNick,

Not sure where in the UK you live but there's a small camera shop (London Camera Exchange *) in Colchester that regularly seems to get stock of the 18-200mm VR. I walked in and they just had one and from what the guys in the shop were saying they get a regular order every couple of months. I don't know if they have one at the moment but if you're not too far away it might be worth a trip if you're interested.

*Address and phone number are a little further down on that page.

I am in Dorset - my local shop says they now don't have a great problem getting these - I am 1st on their list and they even sell it £50 off list price, so I keeping my fingers crossed. I want it within 2 weeks or I will have a dilema whether to get another lens or go on holiday with my "happy snapper" again. They tell me this won't be a problem, but I am not so sure. I have a fall back of asking them to give me a used lens on sale or return for that holiday if they let me down (they might say no of course!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:24 pm 

Got Hoya HMC Pro 1 Circular Pol and a UV Pro 72mm for £80 GBP from HK on ebay. Bit of a risk, but not so cheap you'd expect them to be rip offs! In the end the trouble of buying in germany where they seem to require bank transfer not credit cards was too much hassle. And my German is virtually non-existent.

Will take 2-3 weeks to get here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:49 am 

Hi NickNick,

sorry I missed your post on the pol-filter. But it seems you already solved your problem. Hope your HK-order goes ok!
And yes, the use of credit card is a little limited in german and austrian shops, but next time I can recommend a shop that takes credit cards...

Last edited by Thomas on Wed May 16, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:04 pm 

Not a problem. I hope HK goes OK too !! One day I will have a problem when I look to save money, but I will have to remember that I have saved a lot over the years. Enough to be philosophical if it goes wrong once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:14 pm 

It's a pity that the german/austrian shops don't offer english websites and credit card payment. I would assume that a lot of people in europe would buy there.
If you (and any other) needs advice on ordering in a german/austrian shop I'd be happy to help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:54 am 

tombomba2 wrote:
It's a pity that the german/austrian shops don't offer english websites and credit card payment. I would assume that a lot of people in europe would buy there.
If you (and any other) needs advice on ordering in a german/austrian shop I'd be happy to help...

Do you need another income? You could set up a web-shop yourself. Avides Media sell in English through Amazon, but only a limited range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:33 am 

Ha, NickNick! Thank you for your trust!
But I only offer advice. And that's for free :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:36 am 

Hi Nick
I was wondering if you'd recieved the filter(s?) from HK yet?
I've seen good deals on ebay via HK myself and would appreciate feedback from your experience. The firm that have what I want are 'HV Star', are these the people you used?
Thanks for any info.
cheers
Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:18 pm 

Thanks tombomba on the translation advice. I think I'll put an order in when the next paycheck comes through.