Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:55 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:01 am 

Hi all
Noticed the viewfinder on the D90 seems to flash up red for a second all the time regardless of light levels.
Also unless im going crazy it seems to be over exposing all the time, seems like a definite change from the last time i used it a week ago.
I've reset the camera nothings changed.
Whats it supposed to signify when it flashes up red? Couldn't find any info on that one.
Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:54 am 

My D90 does the same. Flash of red then goes to black, I assumed it was the exposure metering telling you it had done it's job.

http://keystrokesukimages.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 pm 

Thanks for the reply.
Its weird, i never noticed it doing it every time before. I've owned it for about 3 odd years.
I noticed it seemed to be over exposing every shot regardless of operating mode, i usually knock back the exposure by 0.3 / 0.7 of a stop by default anyway unless its very dark.
l'll try it again, might of been having a crazy day with it but i was convinced something had drastically changed since the last time i used it.
I couldn't find what the red grid lines meant with a quick browse through the manual, l'll have a better look...
Cheers