Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:47 am 

I have just about mastered the art of taking a photo with a blurry background, now I am trying to do it the other way around. To do this I had my aperture at 5.6 and kit lens at 55 and the focus point set to the middle. To swap this round to make back sharp and front blurred do I need to move the focus points somewhere else to get the opposite affect? Hopefully I have made myself clear.

Nikon 3100D - Lens

Thanks Michelle

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:54 am 

You have a couple of choices:

Change the focus point on your camera to lock onto something in the background
or
Point your centre focus point at something in the background, push the shutter button half way to get a focus lock, whilst still holding the shutter button half way move the camera to reframe your shot, then push the shutter button all the way down to take the shot

You may want to read up on terms like "Depth of field" and "Bokeh" which will discuss getting things blurry and sharp.

http://keystrokesukimages.com

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:18 am 

suggest you use the center focus spot and shoot a subject a few meters away in Aperture mode with zoom at 50 and f 5.6 then change aperture to 22 and note the difference. watch shutter speed if its gets too slow, you will get motion blur, you may need to increase iso, or use auto iso.

check out Gordon`s tips http://www.cameralabs.com/photography_t ... ooks.shtml

Canon Powershot S95, Canon 6D,7D, Canon 40 2.8 STM, Tamron 24-70 2.8 VC, Canon 17-40 L, Canon 15-85, Canon 85 1.8, Sigma 30 1.4, 50mm 1.8, Canon 100 2.8L Macro, Canon 70-300L +Kenko 1.4 Pro 300DGX, Canon 430EX II and RS 4 Classic