Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:44 pm 

Friends,
i was happily using my gears for a while now( d800+ 50mm and sigma 70-200)
Last day, my friend has given his nikon 24-70 f2.8 nano lens, just 13 month old and asked me to help him to do the service, as next month i will go to the New-delhi where nikon have their authorized serivice center in india.
Its a 13 month old lens- When i check i found that its badly infected with fungus. when looking through the mound, we can see 8-10 fungus parts in someway near front element all r sized like a shirt button ( at least by the magnification) and one fungus someway near middle elemant and also a small but strong one in the mount element.
I am well aware that lens fungus are main concern in our area due to high humidity, but how these happen in a nikon pro- grade- completely weather sealed with in such a low time!!

Now my two questions are
1) Keeping this infected lens along with my other good ones, will it cause other to get infected,, or attching this fungus infected lens in a d800 will it cause any damage to my body( fugus to camera body)
( i am keeping all my gears in a digital dry cabinet-- where they( manufactures) claim that the cabin will maintain the ideal temparature and humidity , so the gears will be free from fungus)

2) As its just 13 month old and another 11 months warranty left, will there be any chance that nikon clean it under warranty, after all its a nikons top of the line weather sealed pro lens!