Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:52 pm 

Really great write up on the V1 and J1
A question left answered in the article/review by Gordon Laing in Decemberr2011 was whether the remote would trigger the shutter during video recording. Here's hoping fingers crossed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

That's a great question, but one I can't answer as I don't have access to the camera anymore.

Since the shutter release can still take photos while filming, you'd certainly hope the remote control would as well, but you never know. Sorry I can't help more with this one!

Gordon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:57 pm 

NO NO NO NO the remote will only start and stop the video recording. Will not trigger the stills shutter during filming . A shame to be sure.
One hand needs to be positioned so that a digit can toogle the power zoom on the barrel of the lovely 10:1 and the other hand somewhere where a digit can manually push the shutter release.
Leaves no hands for the pan handle which is of course de rigeur when shooting video on a tripod.
Small detail big omission

Point ans shoot style don't allow for cable shutter release but I.ve found a velcro strap adapter which ill attach and accept an threaded cable release but it covers uo too many controls on the back of the camera. A second unit doing the same is by bixen Optics but it is quite pricy at 100 dollars
Any others out there?