Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: D600 spots
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 pm 

There is quite a lot of comment on-line on this subject but I have yet to see it mentioned in reviews. Do reviewers get perfect cameras? Mine certainly suffers more than any camera I've had before. However it is the first FF camera I've owned so I'm open to comment and suggestions from those more experienced. And if you know me, you know I am no pixel-peeper.

Post subject: Re: D600 spots
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:06 pm 

When I moved to the D700 from the D90, I noticed how the FF sensor acquired dust spots far more easily. With a lower priced FF body enticing more DX users to FX, more people will notice the same.

My D600 loaner I reviewed over a week acquired a lot of dust bunnies top left though, in line with other people's experience.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 pm 

What a shame :(
This could be a real deal breaker for me, not even considering this camera now, or is it just a qc blip?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:27 pm 

Thanks Phil. Results are great without the "damned spots" but I do not understand why there is no comment within expert tests. The dealer I bought the camera from, after seeing my samples, has asked me to return it so they can pass it to Nikon for attention. I will, but it is going to be tedious if I have to keep doing this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:38 pm 

You know the answer - shoot at f1.4 :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 pm 

It's a really high performance camera - I wouldn't let it put you off. Full Frame used to be the preserve of the pro or serious amateur - they are more used to getting their cameras serviced and/or cleaning the sensor themselves. It sounds like a black art, but it's not that scary an exercise really.

It's got all the performance of a D700 replacement - just not the focus point coverage, body or ergonomics. That's why it's not for me personally, but after a week of putting one through its paces I'd recommend to any serious amateur wanting to step up to full frame.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:44 am 

I'll persevere. But I don't know how long I'll be without the camera now. Still, that will give me time to get to proper grips with my little Sony RX100! Who knows what might come of that???