Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Shooting
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:24 pm 
Guys,
I have D7000 with AFS 24-300mm ED VR lens. I want to shoot a person standing in front of a Pyramid or anything that big background. When i tried to should i can only get either the person or the background clearly the other one is getting blurred. Can some one suggest what setting i should do to acheive both the person and back ground clearly. Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:43 pm 

What was the aperture or F number on ur picture?? I am guessing it was a low number??

IN any case try bumping that number up to something like F16 and re-taking the picture. Then based on that you can adjust. Essentially the smaller the aperture (greater the F number) the greater depth of field u will have and thus getting things behing ur subject in focus.

However when u do this your camera will need more light so it will slow the shutter speed or u will have to increase the ISO so be careful as depending on ur light u may need a tripod if the shutter is very slow.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:01 am 

I did say on a previous post,

"I'd suggest having a look at the tutorials on the forum, they are quick and informative."

Your answer to the question lies there. "How to get more in focus"

To use your nice camera, I think you also have to help yourself by some reading. :?

Cheers