Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:16 pm 
Hi all!
I have searched the forum but did not find the answer to my question. the photos on my digital camera were accidentally deleted. I can see all the photos in the little Picasa window but if I click it up, it is a grey screen and I am unable to view it. When I transfered the photos to Picasa, they showed up for a second but the grey screen eventually replaced them. I really need the photos and would really appreciate anybody's help. Actually, it is my new Nikon camera and it is his photos. He deleted them by accident. So, you can see why we are so heartbroken and trying to restore these. Anyone had try this? Thanks a lot.

(EDIT for potential advertising)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:34 pm 

If you shot JPEGs and you did not format the card then PhotoRec might help. It's free and runs on almost any modern operating system.

It can be downloaded here as a part of the TestDisk software suite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:02 pm 

Hello irikus, and welcome to the friendly Camera Labs forum!
To enjoy your stay here please have a look at the house-rules!
----
Sorry to hear you deleted some images from the card. I think Ernie's advice is the best to try. Hope you're successful!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:38 am 
IF you are using Nikon Camera and because of any reason lost some important files from camera's memory card then you can recover them back by using nef recovery software. Once while using Nikon d3100 i had also faced some problem. My camera show the file however when i make an attempt to open anyone of the saved file then throws error. I was totally disappointed because of this problem. But thanks to this software which saved me from serious data loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:32 pm 

If you're a PC user - Zero Assumption Recovery an an excellent program for picture recovery.

Nikon D200
SB-600
YN-560 II
YN RF 603 x 4
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
Nikon Series E 50mm f/1.8
Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:12 am 
Hi,

Apart from this, I can recommend you a best nef file recovery software for Nikon camera. This software has the capability to restore all your accidentally deleted photos which are in nef file format.

You can download the demo version of the software. If you are satisfied with the demo version, you can activate the full version of the software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:08 pm 

I'm sorry for your loss. As a trained computer forensic technician, I wouldsugegst you to:

1) Do not write anything on the card. If you already have, there's not much to do now.

2) Do not attempt to fix the files in the card. Same reason.

3) Put the card in a memory reader connected to a computer, and use a computer recovery software of your choice. Several free alternatives available for download, depending on your Operational System.

Best of luck, Paulo.