I was flicking through the photos of my trip to PEI and came across a couple disappointments. I was taking HDR's of some windmills. In doing so I wanted some with a long exposure to get some motion blur so I used an ND8 filter. I took the shots in aperture priority mode from -2ev to +2ev in 1ev intervals. I've done this type of shot before with the exact same gear and filter and didn't have a problem.
I didn't bother to check the images so I just packed up the tripod. Anyway, the photos came out really super dark. I'm not sure what happened. Below is a photo of the +2 ev bracket. The meta data for this shot is:
I know it's a lost cause a this point, but I really would like to know what might have happened to prevent it in the future.
EV bias, +2
program: aperture priority
Metering mode: pattern
Tamron 17-50mm, f/2.8