Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: NIKON D40
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:37 am 
I recently purchased a Nikon D40 SLR from off the web and come to find out it's a japanese edition. I tried to get the software from nikon's website but they told me they won't allow me because I have a gray market camera. Come to find out I also won't be able to update the camera's firmware either. I tried returning the camera and the company is not responding. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get the camera's computer software and firmware it will be greatly appreciated.

P.S.lesson well learned. Everything that shines is not a diamond. plz help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:35 am 
Site Admin

Hi BSCOTT145, welcome to the Cameralabs forums!

Sorry to hear about your D40 - you should always beware of grey imports, and these are what most heavily discounted places sell.

The good news is your Japanese D40 will still work fine. If the menus are in Japanese, you can switch them to English. If the characters are in Japanese, just go to a camera shop and ask to see a D40. Then press the same buttons on both cameras to get to the change language page!

I'm not sure about the software, but it may include an English language option when installing - and even if it doesn't, you're not missing out on a great deal.

You can copy pictures from your card without the supplied software, and you can get seperate software for converting RAW files if necessary. To be honest, I think you'll be fine!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:51 am 
THANX GORDON. I CURRENTLY HAVE THE CAMERA READING ENGLISH AND I HAVE TO TRY THE SOFTWARE AGAIN BUT THERE'S STILL THE ISSUE OF THE FIRMWARE.