Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:08 pm 
i own a new nikon D3100 and wanted to have a wireless remote. i bought the Pixel RW-221 wireless remote from eBay ( RW-221 Wireless Shutter Remote for Nikon D7000 D3100 | eBay ).
however, when i hook it up, it don't work! the remote and the receiver are both on the same channel and they both light up green when i push 1/2 ways down on the shutter button on the remote, and when i press fully down, both flash red which indicated a photo should have been taken. but this doesn't happen, the camera doesn't even focus! is there some kind of setting that i should have my camera on? i even contacted nikon and they said the 3100 doesn't support wireless and that i should have a MC-DC2, but the link i provided above says it should! help please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:58 pm 
I don't believe there is a wireless shutter release for the 3100. Only one is the corded one sold by Nikon. I'd get your money back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:04 am 
what i have is similar to a wireless transmitter and receiver that plugs into my camera to, well, make it wireless. this is the link http://cgi.ebay.ca/RW-221-Wireless-Shut ... 4cf6d115fc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:17 am 
According to B&H photo, this is what you need

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/6 ... utter.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:18 am 
i was looking at that! but i bought the pixel RW-221 because it was a little cheaper.
but isn't that pretty much the same thing as what i ordered ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:30 am 
I'm not sure of the details but since its a different model number I would imagine it's not the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:33 am 
okay:)
thanks for your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:34 am 

So...have you tried emailing Pixel's support?