Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nikon D3100 Battery Grip
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:46 am 
Does anyone know if Nikon plans to make a battery grip for the D3100 anytime soon? Or am I just indulging in some wishful thinking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:39 am 

They won't, otherwise it would have been introduced with the camera's announcement. Nikon hasn't yet released a grip below D90/D7000 level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:37 am 

Go for a third-party grip. It will most likely have an outside connection (cable) though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:08 pm 
There are third party battery grips out there, and I own one. I started a thread a while back about it and completely forgot about it. I'll take and post some photos of it. Gimme a couple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:21 pm 
Here are some pics taken with my P&S. As you can see, there is an external cable connecting the grip to the camera. You can't tell in the pics, but the grip has the same look at the 3100, meaning it has the grainy look on it that the camera has (the specs you see all over the camera). On the bottom is a screw for a tripod mount. I have a Opteka hand grip in mine but as you can see the hand grip still allows for a tripod mount. You will also notice in the pics that there is a button on the grip that allows for vertical shots to be taken without having to reach over to the original button.

I purchased mine as soon as it came out off Amazon (US) for almost $30 with shipping. I've seen it up to $50 now.

Apologies for the quality, I didn't spend time doing it like I should have :)