Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:03 am 

Dear frinds
After had an extensive serch, i found these used bodies, i really like them both. My questin here is
Nikon D300 body 770USD(approx)
nearly 94000 shutter counts- physically execellent
Canon 40D body 450USD (approx)
nearly 85000 shutter counts
My doubt here is, r they closing towards their life-span, if i bought any of them, will it going to last at least 3 -4years in my hands. i am not a professional. its only my passion/hobby
Here I need ur little advice,
in ur opinion, which 1 is better
As i told u, i like them both, both of them r fast, tough, durable, high IQ, etc, i know D300 is slightly better in all aspects, but there i need to pay more
I will buy it with a 50mm f1.8 , and will add a 70-200 f2.8( used from canon/nikon or a new sigma/tamron) later
Thanks in advance
( my apology for my poor language skill/spelling, if u found )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:12 am 
These cameras are in different class segments aqsually. The D300 is by far a better camera than the 40D and all the simple tehnical comparissons speak that loudly. From the AF system,to the viewfinder & ergonomy & functionality,the D300 is the best camera. Still,a lot of shutter counts for that price...I would try to find a 40k-50k shutter count D300.
The D300 suppose to have more shutter counts than the 40D,but I wouldn't buy one with 90k+,unless it was almost free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:18 am 
Im not sure on that. I think they're pretty similar cameras, they were competing pretty much directly in line when new.

Id buy whichever one feels comfortable to hold.

But do bear in mind that is a lot of actuations. They sound like they will have been used heavily by a working pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:34 am 

Hai
Finally I bought new Nikon D90+18-105 VR kit, hope its a good choice and everybody will appriciate
I was more keen to canon( was a canon fan), but , at this prize point, i believe nothing will beat my choice
planed to buy a 50mm soon
SO this day is my first day with a DSLR

Thanks guys for ur comments and advices
may be, i will need ur help more in the near future when i take photography more serious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:14 am 

It is a good choice. The other cameras were well through their lifespans and you don't know how they have been handled.

A new D90 will last a good, long while and take excellent photos, particularly with the 18-105.

I certainly like mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:23 am 

Excellent choice, although the D300 and 40D are both good cameras, I don't think that I'd ever buy something with that many actuations, you'd never know when it's going to go on you.

Now just start working towards that new glass...

Gear: 7 Nikon Nikkor AI-S and AF-S lenses, SB-700 flash, Nikon D7000, Nikon FM, variety of accessories

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
- Ansel Adams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:26 pm 

Thanks guys