Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:01 am 
For the past year I have been using a Nikon Coolpix but after becoming frustrated at not being able to take great low light shots and portraits with blurred backgrounds have decided to upgrade. After reading tons of reviews I'm currently tossing up between the D3100 and D5100 but have a couple of questions for the experts. As it will be my first dslr I want something user friendly and these both seem to fit the bill - or is the d3100 much easier for the novice. I am currently travelling regularly and was thinking of the 18-200 lens -rather than the two 18-55 and 55=200 which seem to be included in most kits - good idea or not? Would welcome any feedback.

Thanks
Gabby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:29 pm 
Meh theyre both good cameras, just decide whether the image quality difference is worth the extra money for you.

I like the 18-200mm lens, although it does have its haters. For me the quality out of it is as good as the 16-85 or so. I believe the 18-55 and 55-200 are probably cheaper for the same quality just in two lenses with lower build quality and slower autofocus.