Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:56 am 
Thanks again wrath man.

For a beginner like me, are there large practical differences between the 18-55, 35mm and the 50mm? Is it worth having all 3 or a combination of say 2 of the 3?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:58 pm 

Hello Tom

You obviously have bigger apertures and low light potential with the primes and the focal length range of the zoom. I started with the 50mm because as long as I didn't do anything stupid I thought I would be getting reasonable results from the off. And so it proved. However Rockwell and lots of others swore by the 35mm f1.8 as a good all-rounder at a bargain price. If you just check flickr about that lens I suspect you'll find it is one of the most popular Nikon lenses. Perhaps even the most popular. It is a very good walkabout lens and it would be a cheap way of getting on for starters before making your mind up about what else you might want.

By the way, nikon rumours is saying that a new D5200 is about to replace the D5100. That will give you even more to think about!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 pm 

The D5200 is announced. Look here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm 

Today I got to test out the D5100 and I have to say that it is really nice. The grip feels nicer than the 600D's that is the camera I'm going to buy, but the one thing that I didn't like is that because my fingers are thick, they obstructed the lens rings so I decided to stick to my decision to buy the 600D. Anyways, it is a really good camera and I would recommend it to everyone who wants an entry level DSLR.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6