Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nikon D3100 Battery Grip
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:59 pm 
Has been released. I purchased mine off Amazon so as soon as I get it I'll review it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:45 pm 
An official Nikon one? Are you sure? I had a quick google and couldnt find anything. Could you post a link?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:53 pm 
No, it's not one made from Nikon, but its compatible with the 3100. Here's the link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Vert ... 706&sr=1-3

By all accounts, the seller has a good reputation.

Here is a Youtube review of it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VbJQ9PTJjs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:44 pm 

I love how it's labeled "Professional" :lol:
Still, for 25 dollars it's worth a try I guess. My 3rd party D90 grip works reaonably well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:09 pm 
I've seen other third parties make grips so I figure , like you said, for $25 it won't hurt to try. I've been seeing more and more people write about it on Flickr or other social websites and everything appears to be working fine with it.

Again, when I get it I'll do a review on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:16 pm 
May I ask why you feel you need one? I just hate battery grips. They take up space in my camera bag, they add weight to the camera, and the vertical shutter button is not as comfortable as I thought it would be. On my newest camera I just bought a couple extra batteries instead and it has made my life so much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:22 pm 

the D3100 can be pretty small for some people's hands. I would add the battery pack for better grip on the camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:13 am 

nilinds wrote:
May I ask why you feel you need one? I just hate battery grips. They take up space in my camera bag, they add weight to the camera, and the vertical shutter button is not as comfortable as I thought it would be.

That's just your opinion and experience - if ours were all the same, we'd be married to the same person.

Adding weight isn't always a bad thing. I have a battery grip for my 550D and the added weight of the battery grip (and batteries) balances the front-heavy feeling when a heavy lens is attached. Taking portraits feels more comfortable for me with the grip as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:29 am 
I bought it because of the added battery life, personally. Given that I've never owned a battery grip, I'm not sure how the feeling or weight will be but if I had to guess, given the weight of my SB 600, I would imagine that the battery grip will help balance that out a bit for me, which I would like.

Otherwise, again, for more battery life. And for $25, its not that big of a deal if I end up not liking it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:45 pm 
Received the battery grip. Now I just need to find my P&S digital camera to upload a youtube video showing it to you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:56 pm 
Hi Jason,

Do you still have the battery grip, how is it going?

Where can we see the you tube video?

Thanks

John