Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: ORGINAL OR DUPLICATE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:31 pm 
HI,
I am on the verge of buying Nikon d80 through online shopping .
But i have found that different website puts different price. There is a price range of 400& to 1300$.Why this big diffeerence . How come they price it so low at the same time claiming that it is new & orginal . In most of these shops ,it comes at a price range of 1000&-1300$. Obviosouly i am tempted to buy the one that comes at 400$ . The orginality of these cameras bothers me ,though those online shoppers claim that 1 year warranty will be given.Does these camera comes from genuine nikon manufaturer. The same phenomenon applies to CANON EOS 400d/REBEL XTI

So somebody please explain these phenomenon of selling at lower rates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mathewsuraj, welcome to the Cameralabs forums.

While some shops will always be a little cheaper than others, generally speaking you should be very wary of deals that sound too good to be true. At Cameralabs we've heard about a lot of dealers who attract people with low prices, then try and sell them something else, or overpriced accessories they do not want. Often the goods are also out of stock even though the website says it is in stock.

Thanks to the internet though, anyone who's had a bad experience with a store can now share it with everyone else. Forum member Tombomba suggests using this website to check out potential stores before buying.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/

We also only work with reputable stores for our Affiliate and Pricegrabber links in the Support Cameralabs sections.

So the only advice I can give, is if the price looks too good to be true, then it probably is. Stick to reputable stores and use our Pricechecking links to find out the range of prices available from well-known sources - and use the reseller ratings website to check out unknown stores.

Check the bottom of this page for typical D80 prices:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/NikonD80/

Gordon