Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Firmware for D200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:38 pm 
Will this new firmware be pre-loaded to future production runs of the D200, and if so when? Will the bodies be easily identified? Some of us are not too keen on messing about with camera software, and I for one would prefer to purchase the camera with this included. I am intending to purchase a D200 around April time. I posted this same question to Nikon Inc. Technical Support and got this reply: "Unfortunately we currently do not offer support to your country through this web site." It's a global question!! (I live in Italy).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:51 pm 

Hi peter-piper,
yes you're right! I will certainly not "mess" with the Bios of my D80 before I go to New Zealand. If anything goes wrong, I want to have time to cope with it, although people report that it's no hassle (see here http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217)
With regard to when the new firmware shows up in production models, I would assume that with every camera that is now in production, the new firmware is already applied. The major question is: how fast is the turnover of your favourite dealer :?:
If he is good, he can answer your question. But I'm sure that he also says that the upgrade process is no big deal and that you should not worry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:26 pm 
Site Admin

Generally speaking, the latest firmware revisions are pre-installed on the latest cameras coming out of the factories, but obviously there'll still be older stock in the shops and warehouses to clear first. If you're buying from a shop though, you can easily check the firmware revision there and then.

If it reassures you though, I've installed many camera firmware updates and they've all been quick and painless processes.

But as the saying goes, 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'. If you have an existing camera with a firmware update available BUT everything's running fine right now - or you've an important trip or event coming up like Thomas - then I'd advise playing safe and leaving it for now.

I'd only apply the update if you actually are experiencing problems which it claims to fix, or need any of the additional functionality it may offer.

Gordon

Post subject: ciao !
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:05 am 
Ciao peter_piper !
Come va ?
Allora cosa volevi dire con"firmware"perche non capisco tanto l'inglese !??
Mi puoi tradure che cosa volevi dire essatamente nel tuo messagio iniziale ?
Grazie.
PS:io comprero il D200 prossima settimana,spero che andra bene...
Te c'e l'hai gia ? O la vuoi comprare anche te ?