Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:06 am 

Dear all I need a small suggestion.. after a long thought and with my available funds,at last i have ordered SIGMA 150-500 lens for Nikon and brand new HP 4th Gen I5,1TB, Laptop as my older one was quite slow with Light room5.
Now my question is my Camera Body is still the same Nikon D3100 so is this lens compatible with my camera D3100?
I had been through lots of forum but i was not able to get the clear answers so now i am bit confused did i make the right decision ? will this lens work with D3100 if not should i have been gone for the better body like D7000 instead of the Lens kindly need your assistance here.

Following specifications by Sigma made me to go for it

1. DG for Digital
Designed to deliver the ultimate in performance on full-frame digital SLRs, Sigma DG lenses also bring out the best in 35mm SLR film cameras and APS-C size DLSRs(Here they have mentioned DG lens also bring out best with APS-C sensors as D3100 is a APS-C DX camera so i think it should work)

2.HSM Quiet & Fast Autofocusing
This lens uses a motor driven by ultrasonic waves to provide a quiet, high-speed AF.(D3100 does not have a inbuilt AF motor so i always use to buy the Nikon AFS lens as this Sigma 150-500 lens has a in built hypersonic motor so probably it should resolve my problem of Auto focus with D3100 body)

3. OS -Optical Stabilizer similar to VR in Nikon lens

If these does not work then probably i might have to wait for other 3 months to plan for the new body which i had intended to buy after a year..
So again your expertise is needed to help me out of this confusion awaiting for the response..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:38 am 

AF: AF with HSM (hyper sonic motor), means it works on Nikon's D60/3x00/5x00-bodies, plus there's simple manual-focus override by turning the focus ring.

I jst got the answer in our own forum under lens review.. :P My my sorry folks was in a hurry but still any other suggestion please welcome..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:38 pm 

You answered your own question correctly, Sunil.G: As soon as there is a focus motor / AF-drive built into the lens it should auto-focus with your D3100 OK.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:17 pm 

Thankyou Thomas for your inputs appriciate it..