Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:31 am 
Just got a SanDisk Extreme 3 4g SD card for my D90 to dump all its pictures on. Boy is it a lot nicer than the card that came with the camera. Leaps and bounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:44 am 
Nikon Kyle wrote:
Just got a SanDisk Extreme 3 4g SD card for my D90 to dump all its pictures on. Boy is it a lot nicer than the card that came with the camera. Leaps and bounds.

atleast your camera came with a card!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:33 am 
palakaboy wrote:
Nikon Kyle wrote:

Gotta love Costco's package deals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:47 am 
Nikon Kyle wrote:
palakaboy wrote:
Nikon Kyle wrote:

Gotta love Costco's package deals

i don't! costco over here over charged!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:50 am 
Nikon Kyle wrote:

I got a 8GB class 2 with my D90...lacking so I'm looking to upgrade to 8/16GB class 6 real soon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:30 am 
I was going to get a Sandisk extreme III to go with my D90, but there was a special on the 8GB Transcend Class 6 cards. Its nowhere near as fast as the Extreme III, but its fast enough. Shooting at Large/Normal, I've rattled off 30+ shots without a single pause. Shooting at Fine reduces it to about 15 shots, but thats more than i'll ever use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:10 am 
Gnat wrote:
I was going to get a Sandisk extreme III to go with my D90, but there was a special on the 8GB Transcend Class 6 cards. Its nowhere near as fast as the Extreme III, but its fast enough. Shooting at Large/Normal, I've rattled off 30+ shots without a single pause. Shooting at Fine reduces it to about 15 shots, but thats more than i'll ever use.

The price difference is just too much though between the Extreme III and conventional Class 6 cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:56 am 
Yup. And we aren't ever going to need transfer rates that fast. Much better to buy another backup card if anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:21 am 
haha nice! I've been shooting with D90 for a week now and man, i am seriously buying one in the future!! it's fantastic in ISO... something my D200 can't do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:16 am 
I call it the Deadly Ninety.

Thanks to this forum , Gordon's reviews , and great help I got exactly what I needed.

tore my wallet with the purchase of the the camera + lens + another lens + filter. But when I finally seen the results of the pics , it made me smile , and you know what they say ......" a smile is worth a million bucks " .

All worth it in the end. Stay smiling people.
________
penny stocks to watch

Last edited by goldengloves on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:16 am 
I call it the Deadly Ninety.

Thanks to this forum , Gordon's reviews , and great help I got exactly what I needed.

tore my wallet with the purchase of the the camera + lens + another lens + filter. But when I finally seen the results of the pics , it made me smile , and you know what they say ......" a smile is worth a million bucks " .

All worth it in the end. Stay smiling people.
________
volcano digital review

Last edited by goldengloves on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:07 pm 
Shaving: a short d-movie

trying out a tripod for once along with some other stuff...

used this from another forum:

Quote:
1. Aperture Priorit mode
2. Put the Lens @ F22 or Auto Mode
3. Set the Aperture with the Aperture Wheel on the front of the camera to f5.6 or 8 (electronic aperture)
4. Activate LV mode while pointing at the source
5. THEN unlock the wheel to engage the manual Iris. It'll throw an error but it's fine for recording.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:24 pm 
palakaboy wrote:
Shaving: a short d-movie

trying out a tripod for once along with some other stuff...

used this from another forum:

Quote:
1. Aperture Priorit mode
2. Put the Lens @ F22 or Auto Mode
3. Set the Aperture with the Aperture Wheel on the front of the camera to f5.6 or 8 (electronic aperture)
4. Activate LV mode while pointing at the source
5. THEN unlock the wheel to engage the manual Iris. It'll throw an error but it's fine for recording.

I saw my name, but it wasn't me in this movie :lol:
btw, nice movie, well done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:13 pm 
nice D-Movie Palakaboy!
I'm in to the D90-users lol..
Eumh one question; is a sandisk extreme 3 fast enough to shoot RAW continously a 4,5fps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:31 pm 
it should be okay.... just dont expect your buffer to recover as fast with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next