Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: hooray....for today!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:01 am 
I finally have enough guts to sacrifice a couple limbs for the D90.............

Its finally in my hand today...speechless. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:57 pm 
onlysky wrote:
With the DX zoom lens you've aforementioned, they might not be as fast as what I want in a lens. 2.8 glass on the other hand.. *drools*

I'm really not sure about what direction I'm taking with my photography.. right now I have no intention in changing to FX, though I *might* in future.

Would the 1.6x crop factor render the 24-70 2.8 lens less practical for my general use?
It'd become a 38-112mm..

Or shall I just give up on zoom and invest in some primes?

One thing that I see as a slight negative personally for a cropped sensor is that the FOV decreases - so 10/12mm lenses on 1.5/1.6 crops would be similar to 18mm or so on a full frame sensor. I think I'm liking the idea of wide-angle lenses - probably mainly due to the fact that my currewnt cam (SX100) has a FOV of about 35mm at its widest. :/

SP - damn! That 17-55 F/2.8 you mentioned is about £1000 on Amazon UK! However - if I had the moeny for that lens, I think I would feel quite fine to buy it as it seems to be good. For some reason it gives out quality to me - only after lookign at it for a few seconds on Amazon UK and a few sample pictures. :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:51 am 
Ended with my D90 and used in my Thailand holidays. Awesome Cam. I missed a little tripod, so I might be buying the Gorillapod for not carrying with a heavy pod but having the possibility of making photos with a pod specially for the nights.

I compared with D200 and D90 outstands :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:34 pm 
I waited for two weeks and now the delivery of my D90 is delayed yet again. The shop called in last night to tell me that my camera wouldn't arrive today but Tuesday at the earliest. Which means I am not even sure it will arrive on tuesday or Wednesday for that matter. Grrrrrrr....

So officially I am not a D90 owner yet and shouldn't even be responding to this thread. Plus I haven't been able to sell my SX10. No money and no camera. Grrrr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:03 am 
Love my D90.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:13 pm 
It's finally here. I am a D90 owner!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:48 pm 

Soliwo wrote:
It's finally here. I am a D90 owner!!!

High five!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:32 am 
hi guys, anyone ever experiment with video with D90? I like to make an interview video, any suggestion on constant lighting equipment I might need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:16 am 

I do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwo3bhwFKd4

Manual focus only ;)
To get consistent exposure, set the back button to AE/L hold, then press it once in liveview to lock the exposure.
Built in audio sucks, get a recorder.
Aperture changes will only be applied when you enter liveview, so if you want to change it, get out of liveview first.

There's a trick to get a better exposure, see here: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=146661

It also has some stair-stepping, see here to fix it: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=149663

Finally, you may want to use some lights if it's indoors. You can still change the whitebalance in liveview, so temperature will not be a big problem.

P.S. Experiment with picture styles, there are fully applied to the video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:08 am 
nice video, what software do u use to edit it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:11 am 

I used the 30 day trial of premiere pro 8)
The look was achieved through picture styles, whitebalance and some minor post FX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:37 pm 
Was a Rebel XS owner before, then was deciding to buy 50D, but later turned out to be a D90 owner :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:03 pm 

Welcome to the club!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:11 pm 

Also, if any of you D90 (and D80) ers here is considering a batterygrip, take a look at my review of the cheap Hähnel (costs 70 bucks instead of Nikons 130): http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19178

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:41 pm 
Citruspers wrote:
Welcome to the club!

thanks! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next