Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:17 pm 
Hello Gordon! I was wondering if you could clarify the difference in the image quality between the D80 and the D200. You gave the D80 a higher rating there and I am yet to see that much of a difference on tests I've seen here and in other sites. Is it just a class thing? I would have thought that these two were pretty much in the same class... but, that could be me just having high hopes for the D80.

Your thoughts?

Very curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Miguel, the scores are relative to different categories of cameras - D200 is semi pro and the D80 is high-end consumer. The D200 was also reviewed long before the D80, so the goalposts have obviously changed since then!

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:02 am 
Thanks for the clarification Gordon!

By the way... heard anything else about what's going on with the D200? It's not in stock anywhere, at least locally for me. An update? An RBG sensor? A D200x?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:06 am 
Actually D200s, that is what they are saying is the new model coming out, although I would be happy having a D200.haha. I hope that instead they release a brand new model but that is not likely. I just hope the price isn't too much higher than that of the D200 body because I am lookin got upgrade within the next couple of months.

- Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:49 am 
thanks for chiming in Nathan! Have you heard what the D200s improvements might be? Anything worth upgrading for? Anything worth waiting for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:45 am 
well seeing as how I don't have like $1700 i am not gettng the D200 yet but I am not gonna upgrade till I hear the announcement.