Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:24 pm 
Sorry, you're right.

I remembered seeing a thread ( http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtop ... highlight= ) where someone (you actually) were commenting about the 55-200mm VR being aimed lower down the consumer ladder. I'm getting my VR lenses mixed up. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:55 pm 

Yes BoZz! If 200mm is enough, go for the single-zoom solution!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:14 am 
I would actually go with the 3 lens solution with the one you already have but since you are concerned about weight/changing lenses/and cash the go with the 70-300mm VR, I have the 55-200mm VR and I like it, also cropping wouldn't be much of a problem on a D80 with its nice 10 Mpixel sensor if you should instead get it and a ultra-wide. I really want a ultra-wide lens then i will have a nice lens collection and then I could upgrade me body, which actually will be my next purcahse, but I am waiting ot hear how much the new Nikon will, because I would be fine with a D200 but they might dis-continue and I am straying sorry.haha.

-Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:12 am 
Thank you all for the in-put. Still not convinced either side. I guess what I would like to have and what I can buy now are two different things. IMHO, ideally the 18-200 for travel time and an ultra wide in combination with my 35-70 2.8D for stay times!

Question - When would Nikon take a replacement out for D80?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:16 am 
I don't think they did.haha. but they are making a successor to the D200 and will shed some light on it tommorow or so I hear. I live in the US so I am usually a little late on the info die to time differences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 pm 
I just got a D80 18-200vr combo. Took 1000 pics on my vacation to Newport, RI and Mystic CT. Granted, not a lot of wildlife, but the lens is amazing, in my opinion. I would post some shots but don't know how to upload to this site. BTW, unless you want to spend all day removing dust marks from your pics, aren't fewer lenses better???

Seems to me that a fixed 400 mm lens plus the 18-200 should give you everything u need, especially because cropping would be ok.

Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:02 pm 

Hello Tom, and welcome to the Camera Labs forum!

Nice, you enjoy your D80+VR18-200mm combo (like myself, see signature). So more people believe me that this is really very exciting gear.
As to your photos: You cannot upload your photos to Camera Labs but only link to a site like flickr or your home-page with the [img]your-pic-url[/img] code. Then it will display in your post here.
For more information read my post here: http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:49 pm 
Yes..cant fault anything with the Nikon D80 with the 18-200mm VR lens combo...except maybe for the price!..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:49 am 
Well, I joined Flicker and posted some pics. All are with the D80, except the pic of my son, taken with a kodak phd camera (I have to say that pic is nice too).

Let me know what u all think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yeger/