Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:16 pm 
So I was looking at the Nikon D200 and also the Fujifilm S5 Pro, and was wandering if someone who shoots Nikon would actually skip the D200 and go for the S5 Pro because it has the Nikon lens mount an almost identical build to the D200 with a 12.3 MP sensor.

My question is would this be a significant upgrade from the D200 or the upgrade from say the D80 to S5 Pro instead of the D200?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:28 pm 

Just wait for the announcement to be made end of August, to understand, what the successor to the D200 might be.
if you must buy before that date go D80. If yu think about D200 or Fuji S5, just wait a few days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:35 pm 
well i only have the d40 with some lenses and plan on getting the d80 or d200 in a couple months, and so they are announcing new nikon at the end of the month or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:44 pm 

Well, at least many are expecting Nikon to announce a successor to the D200.
End of August is IFA in Berlin. That is a pretty important date for camera manufacturers. Sony and Canon are also expected to release news there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:04 pm 
are there any leaked pictures for any of them...i have seen the two new sony alpha cameras that are expected but are there anyt for nikon or canon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:07 pm 

Not that I know :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:49 am 
The S5 pro sucks in continous mode. Only 1.5 fps. The 12 mp is just firmware interpolation. It's really a 6 mp camera. So I would stay nikon. Sure it has a nikon body but it's not bad as a portrait camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:28 am 
well i was only wandering because I would stick with the D200 anyway because the fact that it is Nikon just lets you have more trust in the camera in build quality, dependability, and more trustworthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:00 pm 
i have an order in for a d80, but its on backorder through my supplier... maybe i should wait until the end of the month to see what nikon has up their sleeve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:00 am 
rv65 wrote:
It's really a 6 mp camera. So I would stay Nikon. Sure it has a Nikon body but it's not bad as a portrait camera.

Well part of that is true, the Fujifilm is equipped with their SuperCCD technology; it can capture the main RGB colors rather than a conventional Bayer-pattern sensor on most DSLRS.

B.T.W. It's actually three 4MP sensors that sees red green or blue, instead of one sensor seeing all the RGB.