Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Nikkor 55-200mm VR lens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:31 pm 
I plan on buy it this Friday and I wanted to know what everyone thinks about it and if they had any suggestion to something else I should buy instead. Keep in mind I only have enough for this lens so like $270.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:52 pm 
Hello Nathan, here are posts by other user of the forum who have already discussed this topic. Anyway the 55-200mm VR is an excellent alternative to the relatively expensive 18-200mm VR; it’s a sharp lens with good build quality and great versatility.

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=689
http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=673

Hope this helps! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:32 am 
Site Admin

I should also mention forum member Darrin posted a great review of it here:

http://www.cameralabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637

Gordon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:47 am 
wholly crap i had no idea the 55-200 was that much cheaper then the 18-200mm.... glad i got my 18-200mm VR for such a steal..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:57 am 
yeah it is a great lens for the price, ritz only has one at the store so hopefully some one else doesnt buy it before Friday.haha.

how much did you get you 18-200mm for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:57 pm 
$650 brand new from an authorized reseller..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:53 pm 
good deal. very lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:30 pm 
Well I got and havn't done any shooting yet but I can't wait to.haha. This thing is like 2x bigger than the D40 and hopefully I can change that when I get my new camera in the winter. An upside to taking my brother to college was getting my lens and seeing a hoard of Nikon users for I guess the new cause 2 of them had D2XS w/SB-800 and I believe Nikkon 18-200mm VR than one girl had a D200 w/ SB-800, MB-200, and I am not sure what lense but it was pretty big. I was pretty stoked to have finally seen the D2XS in person and I felt pretty small with my little D40 and them with their awesome cameras, it was truely a good expirience, but by this time next year when we go visit at the begging of the semester I might see them again and I too will have a nicer Nikon, I am hoping to get the rumored D200s this winter if not I can settle with the D200.haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:45 pm 
Rumor has it that the d200 could just stay as is. Maybe nikon is working on a new shipment.

Some say a d300 is coming out instead of a d200s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:50 am 
Yeah I have heard that aswell, I just wanna get a more professional camera, and the D200 will work for me.