Hi John, you know what I'll say, don't you?
I'll recommend the SB-800, because:
- you'll need every power if you do indirect/bounce flash
- it zooms to 105mm not just 85mm giving additional reach when shooting with tele-lenses
- you'll get a gel-filter to adapt your flash-color to incandescent light. Otherwise you'll end up having different light-temperatures when shooting indoors.
- you'll get the "Bounce Adapter SW-10H", very helpfull when bouncing
- you'll get the "Quick Recycling Battery Pack SD-800" that let's you shoot below three seconds at full power.
- The SB-800 serves as master/commander with other remote SB-600/800
Thomas (beware: Nikon-fanboy and moderator!) My Lens Reviews
, My Pictures
, My Photography Blog