Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Camera choice
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:00 am 
I need to invest in a new camera suitable for video for online viewing. I need good quality, with a zoom, but also with a wide enough angle for internal architectural scenes.

I'm new to video and there's a sea of choices out there. I have a Nikon D80 for stills with a 18 - 200mm Nikor zoom, so buying a new, video capable Nikon body is one option although I would like to go slightly wider angle than the 18mm Nikor.

I also like the Panasonic TM900, particularly the quality, the power zoom and the fact that the speed of the auto refocus can be changed. With a wide angle converter lens, that would probably be the cheapest option. However, I don't like the lack of an external battery charger - that's a serious omission - and there are some other features that turn me off.

Last option is to buy a used pro camcorder. There are some available around here with changeable wide angle lenses and other extras that are selling for the $1200 mark but they all date from around 2008.

Any thoughts or comments on which way to go?