Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:35 am 
Hello,

I just bought my first Reflex a canon T2i/550d and I shoot my first videos yesterday.

I got a pretty nasty effect that is shown in the snapshots I took from the video... can anybody explain why is this happening?

It's like that boards of the floor are not strait, you could see it also in the cables etc...

It's not so visible in other videos but it appears most of the time...

Thank you for your help.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kwE94CN1Z1ssdvySbjEFz-0-y9mNBVvotYygcM4RckU?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/as6QP2mTvtoIjMVDE18G4O0-y9mNBVvotYygcM4RckU?feat=directlink

PS: I can't put thumbnails from Picasa is this normal?

Best regards

Ricardo Oliveira

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:31 pm 

This shows one of the many and very apparent faults of capturing HD video with a DSLR from Canon and other makes.
It happens because the camera does not bin the 18Mp down to a 2Mp (FullHD) when its capturing. It skips lines on the CMOS sensor instead, which is terrible in many ways, but given that these sensors aren't made for video its understandable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:40 pm 
Do you think a firmware up-date by canon might be able to correct this?

Was there any up until now?

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:44 pm 

This will "never" be fixed. All you can do is try no to film where there aren't apparent lines like this, or try to change angle somehow. Try also to set the sharpness on your current "Picture Style" all the way down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:57 am 
Yes I've read some more about it and that is one of the best helps, another one is to reduce the DOF and unfocus a little bit the motive that is causing the problem.

Thank you!