Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:21 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:10 pm 
For slow motion T2i footage.

I am on an extreme budget. Free - $100 please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:31 am 
Bramsey89 - If you just convert to 24fps with an editor, the video will play at the same speed, unless using an expensive editor that can change rate and playback speed in one pass.

You need to do it with a Free or Low Cost editor - Avidemux, free for Windows and Linux, might do as you want.

If you first convert to 24fps, then you can "Add Frames" for playback in slow motion.

Use 2-Pass, Average Bitrate. Avidemux "maps" the video on the first pass, and creates itself a reference file, which it then uses to "see ahead" while converting on the second pass.

In Video Filter Manager, go to Interlacing Menu - and at the top is DGBob - 'Mode > Double nb of frames (slow motion)'

Regards, Dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:11 am 

I'm confused. Generally speaking, you just drop a 60fps clip onto a 24fps timeline to get slo-mo. (Converting defeats the purpose of shooting 60fps in the first place.)

Or if you just want playback, Quicktime can do that at 50% speed. Yes, that would be 30fps, not 24fps, but it's free.

Or there's VLC - Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:15 pm 
Thanks guys! I was able to use Avidemux to convert it to slow motion.

I didn't understand the converting, or doing double passes and whatever, but what I did gave me slow motion so I'm happy.