Free Shipping on ALL Products
camera reviewsbest cameraslens reviewsphotography tipscamera forumvideo toursphotography bookssupport me
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:22 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bumPuwJhYOQ

This is a demo of a Timescape I did by processing some RAW images I took of the sunset over the river in Florenceville-Bristol, NB, Canada.

By using RAW images, I was able to pull out much more details from the trees than I did with the JPEG demo.

There is unfortunately some random flicker caused by flies, mosquitoes, moths, and wasps passing by.

The raw images were processed in Adobe After Effects and edited in Adobe Premiere Pro.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:45 pm 

Unfortunately I don't have a 4K display, but when I watched it from the ATV it looked amazing, though I don't know if I was watching 1080p or 4K because of the HDMI cable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:48 pm 

sorry for the noobish question but if dont mind, what are u finding you are doing in processing in Adobe After Effects and then editing in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Colour balancing through the series of Raw images? Then premier just for making the final video file type??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:12 pm 

My screen does have enough resolution to display 4k goodness, but my Internet connection isn't quite fast enough. Will let it buffer for a while and watch it later!

- Bjorn

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:23 pm 

Didn't take as long as expected (although I only learned later that the video was quite short). Superb video quality, the detail in the leaves is really quite amazing. Looking forward to seeing more 4K videos from you Jean-Pierre!

- Bjorn

Leica M9-P (my article on Camera Labs) | Leica D-Lux 5 | 50mm Summilux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:16 am 

Interesting choice of music, like a detective noir film scene in a bar where the private eye spots the dame.

I don't have 4k to view it full-res, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:31 am 

JBomb wrote:
sorry for the noobish question but if dont mind, what are u finding you are doing in processing in Adobe After Effects and then editing in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Colour balancing through the series of Raw images? Then premier just for making the final video file type??

Hi JBomb, sorry for the very late reply, but yes, basically I could've done my raw editing in Lightroom instead of After Effects and batch-output them as .jpg to open up in Premiere.

But in any case I pretty much only used Premiere as an editor to add music etc.